View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 04:27 AM
Iceblossom

As I am finishing up my "Tropical Eclipse: Eye Protection Required" quilt from tropical prints, I found a huge piece (8-9 yards) of a very nice but poly blend of some sort, hot pink and floral. One of the ladies at my sewing group is going to make matching dresses for her and her granddaughter.

In case you missed the picture in the virtual weekend thread, here are a few blocks plus the border and the calmer back... I will have 5x7 blocks and am making one more extra block before I layout and assign spots.

Another lady in the group is making a top out of flannels and I mentioned I have a nice large piece of mottled grey that should be big enough (4-6 yards, she is making more of a lap quilt size) and make a good back for the fabrics on top. Will bring that this next Tuesday. I don't really like working with flannels -- not so much the fabric but the amount of pet hair in my household -- and as we were packing for the move I gave away a large bag of them. This piece was hiding in the "pieces big enough for backs".

So yardage is being used and going out and not coming in!

Trying to set up my basement for the non sewing things, like shelves for the 500-600 or so vinyl albums and other organizational stuff before we set up the new (used) long arm.
Attached Thumbnails 100_6508.jpg