Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobbs batting price increase >

Hobbs batting price increase

Hobbs batting price increase

Old 04-26-2024, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

Default Hobbs batting price increase

I went to LQS after lunch and owner told me if I needed Hobbs batting buy some now. Prices for Hobbs Batting are scheduled to increase on May 6. Which means all brands will increase probably.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:05 AM

Not again. The rising costs of everything, even the things that give us joy, is so depressing.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:34 AM

I have been debating if I should order another roll. I still don't know, I have couple of partial rolls and some packages of batting Normally, I would go for it, but I don't know how many quilts I have left in me to make! I seem to be taking longer to actually make them.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Not again. The rising costs of everything, even the things that give us joy, is so depressing.
It really is and I see no end to it.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

I remember my elders saying the same thing when I was in school. I don't know if now is worse or just worse because we knew lower prices. I do think prices are increasing too fast for most to catch up.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I remember my elders saying the same thing when I was in school. I don't know if now is worse or just worse because we knew lower prices. I do think prices are increasing too fast for most to catch up.
That's a good point. Americans seem to be hooked on buying lots of cheap imported products.

I do feel bad for people with families to feed. Food prices are increasing really fast now and since they have decided not to include food and gas prices in their calculations for inflation, the govt is trying to convince us it's not that bad.
Old 04-28-2024, 02:41 AM

I even had an add pop up on my social media while I was scrolling through about Hobbs batting, and when I clicked on it, the website announced 5/6 as the day of the increase. Prices in general are getting unreal. It's sad to me when I know of people that either do without certain groceries or don't do things they enjoy because of the prices.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

If it's Hobbs 80/20 you are talking about, I have good news! Marshall's Dry Goods in Arkansas sells their own unbranded 80/20 which is identical to the Hobbs brand. And much cheaper! I believe I paid around $95 for a 30 yard roll, the last time I purchased. They can ship to you for about $25... same price for one or two rolls. Try it, you'll like it!
Old 04-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

I go to Marshall's several times a year. I see rolls of their batting go out the door. It will probably go up as they sell Hobbs too but still be cheaper. You can call and ask for a sample to be mailed to you.