Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 05-06-2024, 02:27 PM

52000 visitors? Yikes! That's a ton of visitors. Hi all!
Old 05-07-2024, 06:03 AM

Ricky has opened the galleries for our photos! Please make sure your jpeg images (must be jpeg/jpg) are labeled

01-your name
02-your name

etc. as per his handout on the April class.

Let me know if you want me to review your pics before you submit them. Please crop out excess background and if you need help with those pics, send them to me and I will crop, rotate, etc., and send them back to you.

How many of you are ready to post your 07 picture (head on super clear shot of flimsy/quilt only)? I'm not there yet! I better get it done.

Questions? Concerns?
Old 05-07-2024, 06:27 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Hi Ladies, I just added my pictures to his gallery pages. Just a FYI: when I added the 8 pictures I did them all at once. They are now not in numerical order even though I made it a point to select them in order. I put an email out to RT asking how to fix it but in the meantime I suggest that you add your photos one at a time.
🐢🐢🐢
Old 05-07-2024, 08:57 PM

I think Ricky said he could get things sorted with the click of a button as long as we numbered/named them correctly. I was looking at some of the other galleries and I don't think any of them uploaded in order. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:47 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Thanks Peckish
Old 05-08-2024, 05:48 PM

Glad to see you are testing the system! I am in the depths of grading.

I forgot we need to add a tag to the bottom right of 07 with our name and group!

Plix, I successfully load your 1-6 into the gallery. I haven't had a chance to go into mail to check for 7 and 8.

Yiaya -- your finished quilt shot is great!

Old 05-17-2024, 03:58 AM

Our gallery is slowly filling! c Joyce has her 1-6 in there and Peckish has her 1-6 in place too. I am still running behind on wrapping my gorgeous creation up. Maybe this weekend...
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

I was discussing slicing and dicing with WesternWilson and she gave me all sorts of ideas on where to look for additional information on the process. I am sharing that information now in case anyone else wants to take a look.

Paul's Block Party had a class. You make gigantic blocks kind of along log cabin lines, then take a gigantic ruler and cut them up into squares. You end up with roughly 10" unfinished squares of irregular and pretty unpredictable construction, you put them up on the design wall and figure out a layout that pleases you, and sew it up!! Lots of scope for the quilting as well especially if you incorporate solids and negative spaces.

Paul has a very old blog page that shows some of the process, well worth doing!
[img]moz-extension://41722d2c-6c93-9d47-b2ad-8199955650e0/images/webicon_green.png[/img]http://paulsblockparty.blogspot.com/...-workshop.html

I would also recommend a workshop by Christa Hennebury called "Speed Date with Improv". It is a crash course, really fun, in free form construction of traditional shapes, which are then tossed up on the design wall, where again you can trim or add in pursuit of a layout that pleases you. She has an Instagram gallery, photo below:

[img]moz-extension://41722d2c-6c93-9d47-b2ad-8199955650e0/images/webicon_green.png[/img]https://www.instagram.com/explore/search/keyword/?q=speeddatewithimprov
(alas some speed daters have cross posted there!)

Those classes really built my sense of what to put where and how colours interact. I also love the books by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston, "Collaborative Quilting" and its follow-up. And Carolina Oneto offers really good and affordable online classes as well which are huge help!!

Is this not great information from our archivist on this project?! WesternWilson made it really easy for us to get our photos uploaded into the Ricky Tims gallery for this class!