Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-03-2024, 08:29 PM

LStew- What a beautiful big family! I know you all enjoy being together. Janice - such a peaceful looking spot by the waterfall. Serenity personified! It's so nice to get a glimpse of my Boom sisters lives. Group hug, Guys!
Old 05-04-2024, 03:26 AM

Good morning.

Lstew, lovely to see you and your family. Congratulations on finishing your last blocks. They’re beautiful.

SBG, I love snakes but would happily live my life only seeing a cottonmouth from a long distance. May I never encounter one.

It looks like rain and clouds all weekend and into next week. I’m happy for the flowers and I’ll use the time to make a few 365 challenge blocks. I’m woefully behind. Oh, well. And I’ve got two small quilts to finish the bindings on. Time for a good movie and some hand work.

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 05-04-2024, 05:05 AM

I had a nasty 24 hour bug but am up and about today. Another cloudy dreary day but tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful Spring day

Lstew congratulations on a great finish! Beautiful family picture!
Old 05-04-2024, 05:45 AM

Glad you’re feeling better, Terriamn. Hope you enjoy the weekend.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I had a nasty 24 hour bug but am up and about today. Another cloudy dreary day but tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful Spring day

Lstew congratulations on a great finish! Beautiful family picture!
Old 05-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Janice, ditto on the sentiment towards cottonmouths!

Terri, sorry you have been sick. Glad you are feeling better today.

I'm off to a craft and car show at a big church nearby. Should be fun! Have a pleasant day, everyone.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:04 PM

Well my Star Wars family is reminding me that today is May 4. So may the fourth be with you and I am not talking about 1/4 in seams. Tee-Hee-Hee. They are always struggling to be with us.

Here is my favorite May the 4th photo. I know, it pops up every year from me somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails darth-vadar-cat.jpg  
Old 05-04-2024, 06:06 PM

It was a beautiful day today, wonderful Star Wars day. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails img_0224.jpeg  
Old 05-05-2024, 03:04 AM

Good rainy morning. Finished my little quilt yesterday and then pulled out an almost 10 yo UFO, the Giant Scrappy Swoon from a QAL on the board. I know SBG participated. It’s probably next up in my UFO queue. SBG, how did you end up quilting yours? And btw, I saw the larger one of Givio’s you quilted diagonally. How on earth did you keep your lines so perfectly straight? It turned out lovely.

Dinner tonight with the grands. We’re doing a little Cinco de Mayo celebration and having Mexican dishes. Haven’t seen the girls in a couple of weeks. Wonder what mischief they’ll get into today.

Old 05-05-2024, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Gee, has it been 10 years since Scrappy Swoon? I never gave mine away, but I'm not sure where it is right now. I made it out of smaller squares, 2.5s I think, and it came out as a huge square baby quilt. I believe I quilted it in the orange peel style, just eyeballing it from corner to corner.
Givio's was full sized. She used the 3.5" squares that were prescribed. I'm sure my quilting wasn't as straight as you remember! I use a quilting ruler to do straight lines.
Happy memories, quilting with Giv before she got so sick.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

I found a pic of my Scrappy Swoon in the Picture Gallery here on the board. It looks like I did half orange peel or something. Here is a close up of the quilting:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...30-525716.html