Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-16-2024, 09:45 AM

MJP outfit looks great and happy to see you looking so well. I miss you and the fun blocks you created.

Gloomy and misting here in southern Texas

Sweet block Janice and Riley looks nice and comfy.

I sandwiched a top yesterday but not sure how I want to quilt it, if I just meander it would be done quickly but trying to expand my horizon's
Old 02-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Terri, sometimes I quilt certain areas to stand out more, and the stipple the backgrounds. Just an idea.

It's gloomy here too, but a pleasant 67 degrees. Our overnight temps will be dropping the next few days, with freezing temps Sunday and Monday early mornings.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 02-16-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:28 AM

Good morning! Having a great time with my whole little family. So good to have both “boys” and the grands here together. It’s been over a year since that happened.

Macybaby, got your package and I sent you an email. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

Spent a little time on my tiny 365 quilt blocks. I have three cut out but I’m falling behind. Oh, well!

Hope everyone has a happy weekend!
Old 02-17-2024, 06:05 AM

Forgot to post that Lstew’s package arrived yesterday. Thanks!

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1
Cheesehead 1
Travelinggramma 1
Terriamn 2
Macybaby 2
lstew2212 1

Reminder for those who haven’t shipped yet that F8s are due in my hands one week from today. Please ship in time! Thank you!
Old 02-17-2024, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I’ll be lurking and looking at all the beautiful blocks made. I’m looking forward to jumping into the next boom. I miss the creative aspects and friends I make in the boom. I have some friends from college (Georgia Tech) that are coming this weekend and I hope we can do a sewing bee and get one of my boom quilts pieced into a top. I’m trying to reduce the number of UFO’s I have.

I also have been making a lot of clothes. It’s been very challenging and fun. My quilting skills are definitely an asset. See below for the pants and shirt I made last week.

As far as my heart goes (yep I’m an exercise physiologist who eats well but still had a massive heart attack in June) it’s getting better. It will never be anywhere near back to normal but it’s certainly better than it was this past summer. My heart is functioning at about 2/3 capacity. My disability parking pass got upgraded from temporary to permanent (which was a disappointment). That being said, I’m going out to play two hours of doubles tennis today. The doctor told me you must’ve been some specimen before this heart attack. The good thing is I was overwhelmed with how my kids, sisters and friends pulled together and spent a lot of time with me and helped out when we weren’t sure what the outcome would be. I felt so well loved.
Glad your doing better, we sure miss you. Loving the outfit, really pretty.
Old 02-17-2024, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Forgot to post that Lstew’s package arrived yesterday. Thanks!

Libster 2
Sewbizgirl 2
Janice McC 2
Logcabin82 1
Cheesehead 1
Travelinggramma 1
Terriamn 2
Macybaby 2
lstew2212 1

Reminder for those who haven’t shipped yet that F8s are due in my hands one week from today. Please ship in time! Thank you!
Good to hear they made it safe and sound.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:04 AM

Good morning! Had a terrific weekend with our son who visited for a few days.

Hav’s and WMUTeach’s packages are in the mail and should arrive tomorrow. I haven’t heard from Rebaquilts and SusieQ as to when they will be shipping. Ladies, if you are reading this, please reach out and let us know your plans! Check your emails as well!

Old 02-19-2024, 04:22 AM

FYI No mail today via the USPS today....President's Day. Glad to know packages are coming in. May be will be a flood of packages filled with little packages.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Reba has been on vacation... possibly out of the country? Hope she's home now.

So glad you got to have a family reunion, Janice. Isn't it wonderful when the kids and grands are around? I'm sure Ripley loved seeing them all too, especially her old "boy".

I'm super excited about starting this new Boom! I'm trying to get some loose end projects finished up before the Boom fabrics come.

Happy Presidents' Day to all!
Old 02-19-2024, 02:00 PM

I’m excited about starting this Boom as well. I’ll admit to drooling over some fabrics. Now that DS has headed home, I want to start sorting the pkgs out but I always wait until I at least have confirmation of shipping so I know everyone who Signed up is actually going to participate. I’m glad Reba is back from her trip so I hope to hear from her soon. And I know SusieQ’s hubby had been hospitalized but I’m hoping she’ll be joining us too. They’ve both been out of touch so I feel in limbo. Communications is important as I always stress.

DS had a great time with Rip and she was thrilled to see him. It was hard on him leaving knowing he’d never see her again. But she’s doing very well right now so my hopes are up for more time with her than the vet originally estimated.