I'm New!

Old 05-04-2024, 11:27 AM

Default I'm New!

Hi All! Honestly, I didn't even realize there were quilt forums out there that were still active. So thankful to find this one. I've been quilting 30 years and I do both art quilting and traditional quilting. I'm one of the few people that you'll find that both enjoys Free Motion and Hand Quilting depending on what is going on in my life. Mostly I do my own patterns and designs but once in a while I'll tackle an interesting pattern if it catches my fancy. I live up in the NW tip of Pennsylvania - between Cleveland and Erie where the weather is amazing 3 seasons a year! We live in an old Victorian that we bought when we were young and stupid! So now we are 30 years into our 5 year plan. I attached pictures of my studio and my stash is housed up in the dressing room (formerly known as the attic!)

I'm still working full time but my husband is retired so he started an artisan woodworking business. He does mostly cool interesting furniture. While I was learning quilting - he was learning woodworking. We have one grown daughter who is a publish author - so we are a creative family.

I was just looking for somewhere to connect with quilters that isn't caught up in any of the social issues that are plaguing us right now. Thanks for still being here!!
Nina
Attached Thumbnails studio.jpg   studio10.jpg   studio8.jpg   studio4.jpg  

Last edited by PiecefullyNina; 05-04-2024 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:03 PM

Welcome to the forum! You have a lovely creative space to enjoy!
Old 05-04-2024, 01:53 PM

welcome I'm from Erie Pa too.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Hello and Welcome!
Old 05-04-2024, 02:59 PM

Glad you found us, hope you stay awhile Doesn't look like it is going to happen this year, but I'm hoping to visit friends in central PA next year, both are more central (Dallas and Carlisle).

All sorts of people are caught up in all sorts of things but we try to keep things mostly about quilting.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:59 PM

Hi PoJo - I'm out here in west county in Albion! Small world! Nina
Old 05-05-2024, 02:54 AM

Welcome! I live south of you in West Virginia. I live in an old house that we have worked on since the day we moved in. Seeing your old hard wood floors just makes my heart sing!
Old 05-05-2024, 04:07 AM

Welcome from Central Maine. We too have 3 wonderful seasons, so quilting is a great thing to do that "other" season.😁 Lovely quilt studio work area. Love the woodwork that I'm sure is all through your Victorian home. The picture of your home, is that patinaed copper around the roofline on your wrap around porch. Lovely home too, your scroll, trim work is lovely.
We are a great community here, lots of great advice, pictures, and pattern ideas. There is an off subject area for discussing other worldly issues, but my opinion is, the discussions are kept light, and respectful. There is also the cooking section, recipe area that I rather enjoy reading.
So glad you found us, hope you stick around for a while and share your quilts, art with us.
​​​​​
Old 05-05-2024, 04:20 AM

Welcome from Michigan, aka the Mitten state. You are a stunning example of a massively creative person who is also organized. The stash room is amazing and you studio is oozing with creativity. Happy to have a new "creative" join us and to share your projects, finishes and comments with all of us. .
Old 05-05-2024, 05:02 AM

Welcome from south Texas! You had me at "Pictures"! We love pictures! Love your front porch! And your sewing studio is so organized. Mine looks like constant hurricane scene!