Thread: Boom 31 Spring
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 09:40 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I got some piecing and some quilting done today. My local charity quilters meet Saturday and I want to finish up some tops so I'll have quilts to give. I got one adult lap quilt, quilted. It's 12 inch sampler blocks like the Boom quilts, only it's comprised of leftover blocks from that Aunt Daisy quilt that several of us did a couple of years ago. Aunt Daisy lives on!

I've also been working on a pretty quilt with traditional blocks (9") from a book I've had since I first started quilting. I poured over that book for years, without ever making a quilt from it. They were all too complicated for me as a newbie quilter, although the name of the book is "Quick and Easy Scrap Quilts". That name is such a joke! The quilt I'm now doing is ANYTHING BUT quick or easy, LOL. It's very complicated, but I started it because it uses shirt fabric for part of it, and cotton prints for the rest. I have plenty of both. It's made up of hundreds of 3.5" units... HSTs, and QSTs. I'll be so proud to have it done and on one of my beds.