Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-30-2024, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

What lovely daughters and granddaughters! Love all that curly hair, too. Thanks for sharing your family with us, Terri. Everyone looks so happy to be together.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM

Beautiful picture Terri, love seeing your daughters and grandaughters!
Old Yesterday, 06:12 AM

Love seeing your family, Terri. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

Terriamn, let be seeing all the beautiful women in your family. 😀 Thanks for sharing!
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Uggg. Autocorrect and text prediction. So annoying. I was trying to say I love seeing your family.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Terriamn, let be seeing all the beautiful women in your family. 😀 Thanks for sharing!
Had a good day today. Had coffee with some new friends. Came home and finished the flannel quilt top for DH when he wasn’t looking. Was running a stay stitch around it when the bobbin thread jammed with a tiny thread. Ended up cleaning the whole machine and oiling it. Based on what came out, it was a bit overdue. Tomorrow I’ll finish up with a nice clean machine and put it away until DH heads out of town for his next trip to the cabin when I’ll quilt it. The dog had several short walks today and still seems to feel well. I know she’s not but she doesn’t know. lol. I repotted a couple of small plants and rescued a beat up prayer plant from the supermarket. All in all, a good day. Hope you all had a good one, too.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

I got some piecing and some quilting done today. My local charity quilters meet Saturday and I want to finish up some tops so I'll have quilts to give. I got one adult lap quilt, quilted. It's 12 inch sampler blocks like the Boom quilts, only it's comprised of leftover blocks from that Aunt Daisy quilt that several of us did a couple of years ago. Aunt Daisy lives on!

I've also been working on a pretty quilt with traditional blocks (9") from a book I've had since I first started quilting. I poured over that book for years, without ever making a quilt from it. They were all too complicated for me as a newbie quilter, although the name of the book is "Quick and Easy Scrap Quilts". That name is such a joke! The quilt I'm now doing is ANYTHING BUT quick or easy, LOL. It's very complicated, but I started it because it uses shirt fabric for part of it, and cotton prints for the rest. I have plenty of both. It's made up of hundreds of 3.5" units... HSTs, and QSTs. I'll be so proud to have it done and on one of my beds.

Old Today, 03:35 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Just spent the last hour going through all the blocks I made for you. It was a walk down memory lane! I finished a while back and had already forgotten some of what I made. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 😃. Your fabrics are terrific. Everything is packed back up ready for the sort later this month.

Spent another 30 minutes working out the tension issue I developed when I cleaned the machine, changed the bobbin and reset it back to factory settings. Well, wasn’t that fun. Not. But all is fixed now and I’m good to go on something but I don’t know what to work on. Too many UFOs!

Have a good day.

Old Today, 04:13 AM

Another rainy day here and I will be making the 90 minute drive to and from the city. Taking my granddaughter to lunch, doing a little shopping then going to my youngest granddaughters school to watch her play basketball. Abby will be going back to college this summer, sure going to miss her