Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-16-2024, 05:03 PM

Okay I had fun making this little guy! He’s foundation paper pieced! He’s gonna be a mini wall hanging!

Old 05-16-2024, 07:03 PM

Very pretty block WMUT

Log Cabin 82 great moon shots

SBG it took a lot and long time of talking to convince Dh I would be ok solo camping. It wasn’t easy. Then after he was semi comfortable with the idea I took another nasty fall Saturday. No one was around and it took me about 10 minutes to catch my breath and crawl to my phone. Now he is all worked up again.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

SBG it took a lot and long time of talking to convince Dh I would be ok solo camping. It wasn’t easy. Then after he was semi comfortable with the idea I took another nasty fall Saturday. No one was around and it took me about 10 minutes to catch my breath and crawl to my phone. Now he is all worked up again.
Oh no, Terri! Maybe you should have a friend with you. Be extra careful! Pack your bubble suit!

Log Cabin, love the little turtle! He's so cute.

WMUT, pretty ballerina. Some of us went with purple for those, so you are not alone. Congrats on finishing up! Yay, we will have our blocks back soon!
Old 05-17-2024, 03:11 AM

Oh, Terriamn, I’m sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you weren’t hurt too badly. I understand DH’s worry about the solo camping but I'm sure you’ll make the right decision for you about whether to continue or not.

WMUTeach, pretty block. I love those ballerinas.

Our weather this weekend looks to be rain and thunderstorms. All weekend. Uggg. I need a walk this morning and I’m here writing this instead of getting my feet moving. I hurt my knee almost six months ago and had to stop walking for a couple of months. Now it’s like pulling teeth to get me out the door to do what I’d been doing for years. I’ve gotten lazy!

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend ahead.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:26 AM

Ouch Terri, hope everything is okay. Can you solo camp at your park model?
Congratulations WMUTeach on finishing your blocks!
LC, cute paper pieced block!
Today I am making a pineapple torte for DH's birthday tomorrow, it's one of those desserts that I only make once a year. Planning on having our kids and the grands for dinner, should be so much fun to see everyone once again.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Very pretty block WMUT

Log Cabin 82 great moon shots

Ouch, Terri! Sure hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm trying to be very careful now myself
since my feet have a tendency to get tangled up sometimes. Love the turtle and the ballerina blocks. So pretty! That pineapple torte sounds delicious. Everybody, time for us all to don the ɓubble suits!
Old 05-17-2024, 04:01 AM

Refolded and bagged blocks last night so they are in a tight little package. Off to the PO this morning then on with a caaaraaazee day of odds and ends of little tasks.

Janice McC, I understand how hard it is to get back when you break a routine. Last September I was walking daily and enjoying it. Good routine, good distance, feeling wonderful. Then...my hip started to hurt, moved to pain, then pretty much became a slug because even standing was uncomfortable. Lots of PT, injection in the hip, that worked by the way, but now getting back out to reestablish the routine seems like a mountain to conqueror. Boy, can I find terrific excuses and other "things to do" rather than walk. GRRRR

Charming little turtle, LC. I hope there are more of these PP fellers. They make us smile.

Off to the Post Office and out for a walk! Yeah, right! PT and more comes first. Really it does.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:33 AM

LC2 great little turtle.

All the little scraps have scabs and are healing nicely. Only residual pain is my finger, upper and lower back pain. I have a massage appt. Tuesday and that will make a big difference.

We have a mixed up Oriole, he keeps landing on the hummingbird feeder and tries to drink from it.

Woke up to rain but the sun is shining now and it looks like a beautiful day.

Last edited by terriamn; 05-17-2024 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 09:01 AM

Okay ladies! My froggy BOOM quilt is all done! Can’t wait to give it to my nephew for his birthday! I had one extra block left over so I may try to make a little gift out of it for him!

Old 05-17-2024, 01:58 PM

My gosh, this fella is cute! Great job, LC.
Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Okay I had fun making this little guy! He’s foundation paper pieced! He’s gonna be a mini wall hanging!