Boom 31 Spring

Old 04-29-2024, 05:49 AM

Macy, that’s a great idea, cutting your outer edges a bit larger “just in case”. I have a small quilting room and it’s almost filled up with stash. I try not to buy much but it’s enough for my lifetime. lol. Some years ago I was presented with a couple of bins of batiks I’ve barely touched. I have lots of scraps but not much yardage. I don’t envy you having to move yours again.

Lstew, I’m sorry to hear about your aunt but it’s wonderful that your family got together to provide her with what I hope was a happy day for her. I was thinking this morning about my sister who died years ago. (The anniversary of her death is coming up in a few months.). We tried to make special events for her to ease her days. It helped her a bit.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:03 AM

Lstew so happy for you that you were able to visit your Aunt. So sorry for your diagnosis.

The wedding shower was lovely, the bride to be glowed. Will see if I can shrink one family picture of all my dd’s and 2 of my 3 granddaughters.

Bought a very light weight batting for my boom top I am working on. Now I need to add the borders and sandwich it together.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Glad you got to visit your aunt, Lstew, and have a family get-together. I'm sure it meant a lot to everyone. Hope she is comfortable.

Janice, I've been collecting batiks for years and rarely use them. They are always "too pretty to cut". I did make 3 bargello quilts with them over a year ago, but it barely made a dent. They make lovely pieced blocks, so maybe that's what I'll do soon.

Glad you had fun at the wedding shower, Terri. Did you give her a quilt? I'd love to see the pic of your family.

Old 04-29-2024, 02:25 PM

My 2 sets of blocks went into the mail this morning. Tracking number has been emailed to Janice. Thank you, Ladies, for making such lovely blocks for my quilts. And, a special thanks goes to Janice for all of her hard work and time that she puts into the Booms so that we get to enjoy our swaps. Janice, you are the bestest! ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 04-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Macybaby’s blocks arrived. Thank you!

Janice McC - 2 sets
Cheesehead - 1 set
Terriamn - 2 sets
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Sewbizgirl - 2 sets
SusieQOH - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
RebaQuilts - 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
Macybaby - 2 sets

Libster - 2 sets, on the way

Old 04-30-2024, 05:26 AM

Sewbiz I haven’t made Serena another quilt but I will. She wants a signature quilt of her wedding guests. I have the light fabric she chose for the signatures, need to cut 4.5” squares, sew 1/4” lines on all 4 sides and back with freezer paper. Was thrilled when she asked me if I would make it for them. Will decide what pattern to use after the wedding and how many signed squares we have.

Another stormy day here.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

The wedding signature quilt sounds lovely, Terri. I wondered how you kept people from writing all the way to the edge....

Looks like most of our blocks are in! Thank you everyone for making the lovely blocks for my quilt. I will enjoy putting them together!

Thank you Janice, for another great Boom swap!
Old 04-30-2024, 11:52 AM

Libster’s blocks have arrived. Thank you!

Janice McC - 2 sets
Cheesehead - 1 set
Terriamn - 2 sets
Hav4boys - 2 sets
Sewbizgirl - 2 sets
SusieQOH - 1 set
LogCabin82 - 1 set
RebaQuilts - 1 set
TravelingGramma - 1 set
Macybaby - 2 sets
Libster - 2 sets

A couple more sets are still being worked on. There’s almost a month left so no rush!

Old 04-30-2024, 12:56 PM

On my left is my second daughter who is the mother of the bride, on my right is my second granddaughter and her mother is on the far right, then Serena the bride and next to her is my oldest daughter followed by the youngest daughter. All my dd’s inherited our curly hair but my son has no curl at all. None of the granddaughters have curly hair but the 2 grandsons both have naturally curly hair also and they totally embrace it,
Attached Thumbnails img_3496.jpeg  
Old 04-30-2024, 04:31 PM

I see some family resemblance in those girls. How nice to have all of you together in one place for fun and giggles and presents. And then a signature quilt. The bride must have a "quilty" heart.