Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Books (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/books-t189690.html)

judy363905 05-22-2012 03:13 PM

Yeah new authors

I am just finishing Backon Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. The Curves that I am a member has a book exchange... I always look for new authors... love seeing what everyone's picks. Will be checking out some more new authors to me... Also have a Mary Higgins Clark on the top of the stack...you can not go wrong with Mary

Judy in Phx, AZ

burchquilts 05-22-2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by pamesue (Post 5235566)
I just read all 3 volumns of "50 shades of grey"

good story, had some steamy parts that I kind of just skimmed over.

I hear about that series ALL the time anymore. Was it good?

burchquilts 05-22-2012 09:57 PM

I'm reading Drift by Rachel Maddow. I've really been in the mood to read a really good book (fiction).

Cottage Dee 05-23-2012 02:58 AM

Anyone know of free books for the Nook? I just finished listening to Jeffery Archer's "The Sins of the Father" (second in a series) I didn't read the first book, didn't know about it, and this book ended with a cliff-hanger, to be continued in the next book.....I then discovered it won't be released until 2013.....sigh...why did I get so involved???? Anyway, it is a good read.

oma8355 05-23-2012 04:12 AM

Nook free books

BN has a section for free books on the Nook along with Free Fridays. Free Fridays are hit or miss as to good books, but I have gotten quite a few. You can borrow books from your Nook friends too for free.
I am reading the Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn. It is very good!

Sew N Tune 05-23-2012 04:16 AM

Kristen Hannah is also very good, anything by Jodi Piccoult, Lee Childs, or James Patterson. I'm currently reading a new author to me - The Island, by Elin Hilderbrand.

karate lady 05-23-2012 04:42 AM

I live in a small town. (pop is 450.) We have a free lending library run by 4 volunteers. It is only open two days a week, but we have 2 1/2 walls of bookcases. Right now I am reading a lot of "who dunnit's" I usually have about 5 or 6 books going home with me on the days I am there working. smile

twoxover 05-23-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue (Post 5235566)
I just read all 3 volumns of "50 shades of grey"

good story, had some steamy parts that I kind of just skimmed over.

i read the first one and hated it! hated the writing thought it was a bunch of cut and paste LOL. i did just read a parady of the shades of grey,,,,it was funny!

Quiltshaker 05-23-2012 05:01 AM

Am currently reading The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani and it promises to be very good. Just finished Falling Home by Karen White which I enjoyed. Happy reading. Quilting and reading - what would we do without our favorite
pasttimes???? I go to the library and check out the new books.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 05-23-2012 05:22 AM

Try [email protected]
I have 350 down loaded. They send you a list every day of free books.