Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
LQS is closing! :( >

LQS is closing! :(

LQS is closing! :(

Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Default LQS is closing! :(

My LQS is closing. UGH! The ladies there were always so nice and helpful and really cared about helping customers out and didnt try to shove things on you. I am so sad. I will miss it so much. I know that the fabric was expensive and it has been awhile since I have been able to afford it, I guess most everyone must be in that situation too. It is just really really sad to lose them. =/ Now I will only have Jo-Anns, the board here and online stores to choose from. It just isnt the same as seeing row after row of fabric you know is great quality. Totally bummed.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM

I know what you mean... in about 3 months time, 3 LQS, to me, have shut their doors. I really don't care for the selection at the last remaining LQS... I'm keeping my eye out for others, don't mind making a road trip out of it, but I think I will take advantage of quilt shows and stock up there. I never purchased fabric online-yet...

if I was rich and knew how to run a business...
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 PM

I feel for you, really sorry this is happening. There is one within driving distance to us closing too. I hate to see them leave too. Pretty soon there will be Walmart, and JoAnns, and our Walmart doesn't carry fabric.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 AM

It's always sad when a LQS closes. I like them because the ladies there are knowledgeable about quilting and are always so helpful in picking colors for me. Sigh! All the ladies at retail stores know is how to cut fabric!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Same here - I am getting ready to go to one 20 miles from here today - he is only open Thurs. Fri and Sat during November and is at 40% off now. Will be 50% off in December until the 17th I think. I was there a week ago and bought a bunch and will go back today and see what's left - after going through my stash and thinking about what I might need in the future.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Three LQS have closed in my area also in the last few months, and now I have heard of another one starting its closing sale. Very sad! I only hope that others will come in and take their place!