Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking owners.. help? >

Viking owners.. help?

Viking owners.. help?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 PM

I've Googled and Googled until I can Google no more.
(read: frustrated!)

Does anyone have or know where to find a chart/listing of all the different stitch designs you can make by combining & flipping/turning different stitches?

My recently purchased Rose has several stitches.
The programming instructions tells you this can be done but only gives a few examples.
(ex: you can combine the leaf/stem stitch with the flower stitch to make a continuous stemmed flower stitch)

I'm hoping to find some sort of chart or listing of different ways to program the stitches... thus far I've had no luck finding anything.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 PM

My Viking is older so don't think I can help! Good luck!!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:57 AM

I've never seen a chart for that. I haven't messed with mine in a long time, but did try it when I first bought it. You could make up your own sample by trying different combinations yourself. You could mark each row with the stitch numbers and refer to it when you want to use one of the combinations.

Have you contacted Viking to ask about a chart?

For Machine Support
Toll free 1-800-446-2333
Monday-Friday 8:00a – 4:00p CST
[email protected]
Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 AM

I have three Vikings (Lena, Rose, QDII) and have never seen a list like that. I have played around w/ the stitches before for borders and bindings and whatnot, but they were with stitches (both single and multiple) that I selected.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Power Poster

at my viking dealership-when i took my owners classes they told us that most of the stitches can be turned-mirror imaged- and joined with each other- showed us how to do the sample ones- and told us to make notes as we try different combinations- write them down as a reference for when we want to do them again- they did not offer a pre-made chart- everyone has their own ideas of what they want to combine to fit their project
Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 AM

Hmmmm....I didn't know you could do that. Have you checked with the store you purchased your machine from? Also some JoAnn's have Viking dealers located in the store, you may want to check with one of them.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:46 AM

You might be able to find the instructions for programming these stitches in your machine's manual. It probably isn't going to be much in-depth, but there should be a few sample exercises there. There used to be some great books on "pictogramming" that were specifically for Viking #1, 1+, Rose. Those would be well worth finding if you have an interest in maximizing your decorative stitch capabilities. You just can't believe some of the beautiful, elaborate things you can create. I often wondered why Viking abandonned the pictogram concept as I feel sure many if not all of the stitches used are also on the new machines.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 AM

I have a Viking Rose & I played with the combination stitches back in the late 90's. I think I had purchased a book/leaflet from Viking. At the moment, I don't recall the word used for combining the stitches. Have you called the Husqvarna 800#? I think they could tell you if such a guide is still available.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 AM

Sorry...just checked all my books for my Viking Platinum and no charts. Just programming instructions. If you need help with that, PM me and I'll be glad to help if possible.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:39 AM

You combine the stitches to create the different designs any way you want to.
Look at them and doodle with a pencil.