Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 05:06 AM
juliasb

Welcome aboard! When I think back to my earliest quilting days I was on fire! I would cut up any fabric I could find and used old magazines to cut on because I didn't have a cutting mat. I would have never let my good scissors cut on paper and I was letting my first rotary cutter cut against paper because I could not afford a cutting mat. I found out quickly having proper tools cutting mat, rotary cutter and good acrylic rulers and a decent (can be very cheap) iron. After that the joy became greater. I then learned to use 100% cotton fabrics because they wear differently than blends. Then I fell in love with patchwork. That is the short history of some of the most valuable early quiltable information I can give you. Have lots of fun. Dream about quilting and wake up have a cup of joe and share here before starting your quilty day. Of course if you have other pressing things like making a living then you can let the sewing go for a bit. Just remember housework doesn't count as a necessity.