Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-06-2024, 10:07 PM
Power Poster

Terri, very sorry to hear that you relapsed after initially feeling better. Hope you can REST. Rest and get better.

I remember that your hubby and I have the same condition: Idiopathic Chronic Uticaria. It means chronic hives but we don’t know why. I take a Zyrtec and a Pepcid every morning, to keep it at bay. It was pretty much gone until I started taking the cancer med. Now I’m itchy again. Pepcid is a stomach med, but our excess histamines are made in the stomach. So the Pepcid keeps them under control. Works well for me, plus it fixed my acid stomach.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I found a pic of my Scrappy Swoon in the Picture Gallery here on the board. It looks like I did half orange peel or something. Here is a close up of the quilting:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...30-525716.html
Beautiful swoon quilt, I love scrappy quilts
Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Cheesehead, Roflol! “Haven’t told the cat yet”! I also miss those QAL’s and exchanges. The board really took a hit with membership when the format changed some years back, in my opinion. I’m happy to keep the booms going for the foreseeable future.

SBG, thanks for posting the pic of your Swoon Quilt. I also did mine in candy squares. I’m thinking about meandering mine but I’m so bad at it. I need to practice more before I try. Honestly, I’ve just got it in my head that it’s got to be “perfect”. I rarely make allowances for the learning curve for myself. It stops me from trying. I think I’ll push through it this time and just meander regardless of the outcome. Here’s a link to Givio’s that you quilted. Beautiful! https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...3-img_2009.jpg

Had a lovely dinner at the grands’ house. Right before we left, we discovered the youngest had what appeared to be hives! Painful and itchy patches all over her bottom! none of us could figure out what triggered it. She was mighty uncomfortable and getting understandably cranky. Poor girl!

Hope everyone has a nice week!
Givio was a very talented quilter. That is a beautiful quilt
Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM

I did several of the mystery quilt a-longs with paintmejudy. I love the quilt alongs and would participate again if one of my quilty friends started one.

Janice, MY package is on the way. I sent the tracking number to you.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM

I think I am really on the mend this time. Thank goodness. Have been busy repacking all the paraphernalia I need to take with me car camping. My totes don’t fit into Minnie, my motorcycle trailer, very well. We are trying to come up with some better options. Completely enclosed totes are my preference, that way they can be sitting on the picnic table and any little creatures go shopping around they can’t get in side. Hubby thinks it would be easier for me to have open ones so I can easily identify what is in each container. The darn chipmunks are very friendly and inquisitive and I was very close to sealing up one last year when it began to chatter at me. Sure we will have to experiment around. Getting excited to go camping, it was a beautiful day here . When I solo camp I take along my paper pieced blocks and remove all the paper. Judy plain quiet time
Old Today, 02:53 AM

Good morning. It’s raining again but should stop in a few hours. I’m watching one of two hummingbird feeders and it’s clear the rain doesn’t stop them from getting a nice meal. I have a walking “date” with a new friend this afternoon so I hope it’s pleasant by then. My DGD’s hives cleared up very fast. Still don’t know what triggered the episode. On Mother’s Day the grands are coming over. Batten down the hatches! I’ve got my thread for the Giant Scrappy Swoon so I can start quilting it next week. Just need a little meandering practice beforehand.

Lstew, looks like your package will arrive on Friday. Thank you! Terriamn, i hope this year’s solo camping adventures are fantastic. I’ll live vicariously through you as I haven’t the gumption to go alone. I’d likely also join a new QAL or exchange. Who’s going to start one? Oh, I heard from Hav and she expects to be returning the blocks I sent her next week so the swap shouldn’t be delayed one bit. WMUTeach, I love your Harriet’s journey. Lovely.

Oops, here comes the dog ready for her breakfast so I’m off. Have a good day, Boomers!
Old Today, 05:29 AM

Good Morning, You are not going to believe this. My friend Nancy called me last night, she said do you remember my neighbor such and such across the street from them. I didn’t. She said she called Nancy and asked if her friend who moved from the city a couple of years ago graduated from a private girls school. She said yes. Then the lady asked Nancy to see if I knew a Trisha K? She was coming to visit them and Knew I had moved to the Dassel area. Trisha and I walked the 1.5 miles to school together almost every day from 8 th grade when my family moved into the city till graduation? We had lost contact with each other, what do you think of those odds?
Old Today, 05:42 AM

It’s a small world sometimes! Are you going to get in touch with Trisha? Talk about a walk down memory lane!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Good Morning, You are not going to believe this. My friend Nancy called me last night, she said do you remember my neighbor such and such across the street from them. I didn’t. She said she called Nancy and asked if her friend who moved from the city a couple of years ago graduated from a private girls school. She said yes. Then the lady asked Nancy to see if I knew a Trisha K? She was coming to visit them and Knew I had moved to the Dassel area. Trisha and I walked the 1.5 miles to school together almost every day from 8 th grade when my family moved into the city till graduation? We had lost contact with each other, what do you think of those odds?
Old Today, 06:47 AM

wow I had to go back 2 pages to see Givio's and Sewbiz's swoons, so pretty, and love the Harriet's journey and log cabin block as well. Good job everyone! Hope everyone gets better soon, take it easy, spring is here ;-) Hugs!