Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >
  • 1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

• 1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Well, I thought all my templates had the one inch square, guess not, because the one window is a bit larger than the other, must have used one of the trial ones as I was fiddling with resizing it.
    oh well, it is staying :mrgreen: Woo Hoo...I made it on time :XD:
    Candi,
    Great Church block!! :thumbup: I really like the fabric's you chose to make it with. I couldn't even notice that one window was smaller. It looks perfect to me!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 01-27-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
    Here is my simple, unadorned church. It might be embellished sometime, if I decide to use it. I did reduced the size 50% so it is only about 5". Better for a wall hanging, I thought. Perhaps this can be considered embellishment.
    Jeanine S.
    Oh Jeanine,
    I sure hope you decide to use your Church block. I think it is really good. I love your warm bright windows. They just glow with Welcome!!
    Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    I wasn't planning on participating in this BOM; however, you all truly inspired me with all of your creativity, encouragement and enthusiasm. Thank you!!!

This is my first attempt at PP. I LOVED it <all though I will admit, this pattern was extremely frustrating for me due to the proportion challenges>.

I am looking forward to the upcoming months!!!
    Your Church block is wonderful. too!! :thumbup: I really like your background fabric, so pretty. Congrat's on a job well done!!
    Old 01-28-2011, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
    Ok.....Let's try again. I've been trying to figure out the Photobucket slideshow program. For some reason I can't download all the pictures here. Maybe too many in the file. Or I am not pushing the right buttons. I think I have it set for a slide show or click in the bottom right corner for a grid view once you get to it.

I've tried it several times......copy and paste the website link and if a menu drops, then click on the "Go To" link and we will see.................It might take you directly to it.............Hope so! Press your ESC key to leave the pictures.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
    BATIKQULTR,
    "THANK YOU" ever so much for taking the time to put all of the Church pictures in a photo bucket, for everyone to look at!! It's amazing to look at & to realize just how many Church blocks that have been made. I am so hoping that we will have just as many blocks made for February. It won't be long now!!
    Sulabug
    :D :D :D
    Old 01-28-2011, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
    Here is mine. My stain glass windows are scraps from a dress I made for my youngest girl. Two other quilts and a wall hanging are also represented in these scraps.
    What a great Church block & to think you were able to use scrap's from your previous projects!! Now, every time you look at it, you will think of your other projects being connected to your house block collection!!
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 AM

Ok.....Let's try again. I've been trying to figure out the Photobucket slideshow program. For some reason I can't download all the pictures here. Maybe too many in the file. Or I am not pushing the right buttons. I think I have it set for a slide show or click in the bottom right corner for a grid view once you get to it.

I've tried it several times......copy and paste the website link and if a menu drops, then click on the "Go To" link and we will see.................It might take you directly to it.............Hope so! Press your ESC key to leave the pictures.

Oh my goodness gracious! Thank you for this time intensive display of all the churches. I also thought I had looked at all of them. Found out I had not :( Beautiful churches - one and all :)

Old 01-28-2011, 05:19 AM

I adore this stone church with the tile roof.
    Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 AM

BATIKQLTR THANKS for putting together the great slide show. Thanks to all who took the time to make the block and here's hoping we'll have as many to look at in Feb. Great job done by all......
    Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 AM

This was so good of you to do. You did a fine job. It goes with your upbringing that you were not even asked but just tried it yourself and were successful and did such a good job. For you to share with all of us speaks to your character. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I myself loved seeing them all and I never thought there were so many. It is with great pleasure I consider myself to be a part of this group.
    Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 AM

wonderful slide show! So many squares!