Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 1 January 2012 BOM pattern & discussion. >
  • 1 January 2012 BOM pattern & discussion.

• 1 January 2012 BOM pattern & discussion.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    My dear mother passed away and I had to travel to Pennsylvania on New Years Eve and I've just returned home. Looking forward, as always, to seeing everyone's work.
    Lynn: I'm so sorry your mother passed away. It is difficult I'm sure. Am glad you have sewing/quilting waiting for you. It sure helped me with my feelings (my husbands mother, who was like a second mother). Take care.
    Old 01-06-2012, 07:41 AM
    Power Poster

Mary, your block is beautiful...very nice colors you've chosen. Looking forward to beginning mine.
    Thank You Lynn
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
    I'm jumping on the wagon too. I don't know if I've bitten off more than I can do this year, but I liked this idea of a January block with snowmen and snowflakes and hoping February will be hearts and valentines etc.. So here is my first block- January!
    that is very very pretty!
    Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Katie,
    The laugh is on me!! I have no idea where I came up with Karen, but now I will remember that your first name is Katie!! Thanks for letting me know. I still love your block & was wondering if green might be your favorite color. I know it is mine, but I picked blue for my Snow Blossom. All of the color combination's are turning out just Great.
    Sulabug
    Yes green is my favorite color, but also my last name, and I have absolutely no idea if that is the reason why. Although, I don't think there is a color I don't like, but as I look around, green seams to be in every quilt in some way.
    Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Mary - my sympathies on the loss of your mother.
    Old 01-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Happy New Year, SulaBug and thank you so much for our Snowblossom block. I just printed the pattern and will begin as soon as I can. I'm a little behind now on everything. My dear mother passed away and I had to travel to Pennsylvania on New Years Eve and I've just returned home. Looking forward, as always, to seeing everyone's work.
    Dearest Lynn,
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mother. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain, but just let you know that I am thinking about you & sending prayers your way. Take care & delve into your sewing & your Snow Blossom's block. I am sure it will bring you some comfort in the days to come. We LOVE you.
    Sulabug
    Old 01-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Dearest Lynn,
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mother. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain, but just let you know that I am thinking about you & sending prayers your way. Take care & delve into your sewing & your Snow Blossom's block. I am sure it will bring you some comfort in the days to come. We LOVE you.
    Sulabug
    My thoughts exactly Sulabug! I wish I had your way with words....just beautiful! My thoughts and prayers are also with you Lynn.
    Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM

My prayers are with you Lynn.
    Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM

I finally got all my sections pieced together! Once I caught on to what I was doing it went quickly and I decided I like paper piecing! I am taking a break with a cup of tea and want to do some yard work while it is warm outside (50 in January in Ohio!!!!!). Then I will sew the sections together and post a pic. Thanks to all who posted helpful video links, hints and suggestions!
    Old 01-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
    I finally got all my sections pieced together! Once I caught on to what I was doing it went quickly and I decided I like paper piecing! I am taking a break with a cup of tea and want to do some yard work while it is warm outside (50 in January in Ohio!!!!!). Then I will sew the sections together and post a pic. Thanks to all who posted helpful video links, hints and suggestions!
    Good for you!! We can hardly wait to see how your block turned out. I know it's going to be beautiful!!