Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 1 March 2012 BOM pictures >
  • 1 March 2012 BOM pictures

• 1 March 2012 BOM pictures

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Thanks Linda C for such a cute shamrock pattern! Great blocks Linda, SulaBug and Hobbykat! I hope to get to mine this next week! What fun!
    Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 PM

Great blocks so far. Here is my version of the Shamrock.
    Attached Thumbnails dsc00019.jpg  
    Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Great fabrics so far.

Not sure if I want to use different greens or take advantage of my focus fabric and do the sections in one piece like Sulabug's. Still thinking on that.
    Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva

love your shamrock fabric, making me jealous
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Default Note to self: Remember to turn off the auto-flash

Hey everyone.. Im very happy with the results of making the March square, however Im not happy with the picture my camera took..darn flash messed it up.

I followed the pattern with the exceptions of making 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 log cabin squares for the leaf blocks. The stem block I was forced to paper piece because I didn't have enough material to make the cuts the pattern called for. I used one inch strips to make the log cabin blocks an I set my need all the way to the right to sew the one inch strips together.
    The square measures 11.5 X 11.5 So I am trying to decide what fabric to frame it with to bring it to the 12.5 X 12.5 finished block. Now to go back and work on Jan and Feb blocks. I totally messed up Jan and have to redo it. Feb needs to be expanded to the finishing block size.

I haven't decided but I am thinking to try and hand quilt as I go each block and then join them. So once I get Jan and Feb caught up I think I will make my decision and start on the quilting of the blocks made so far. Will check back in to ooh and ahh everyones blocks as they are posted this month.
    Attached Thumbnails marchblock.jpg  
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM

Fun fabric PokerDiva make sure to save a scrap to wear so the lil folk dont pop out and pinch ya
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:24 PM

Fun fabric PokerDiva make sure to save a scrap to wear so the lil folk dont pop out and pinch ya
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jenniky
    Hey everyone.. Im very happy with the results of making the March square, however Im not happy with the picture my camera took..darn flash messed it up.

I followed the pattern with the exceptions of making 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 log cabin squares for the leaf blocks. The stem block I was forced to paper piece because I didn't have enough material to make the cuts the pattern called for. I used one inch strips to make the log cabin blocks an I set my need all the way to the right to sew the one inch strips together.
    The square measures 11.5 X 11.5 So I am trying to decide what fabric to frame it with to bring it to the 12.5 X 12.5 finished block. Now to go back and work on Jan and Feb blocks. I totally messed up Jan and have to redo it. Feb needs to be expanded to the finishing block size.

I haven't decided but I am thinking to try and hand quilt as I go each block and then join them. So once I get Jan and Feb caught up I think I will make my decision and start on the quilting of the blocks made so far. Will check back in to ooh and ahh everyones blocks as they are posted this month.
    Cute idea. Looks great
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Great job Jenniky. And I could use a pinch. Might wake me up.
    Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky

This is such a brilliant block, really love your creativity with doing the log cabin, another one for the to do list