Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 >
  • 17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

• 17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

Old 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM

Thank you!! I will check these out. It is so cool that you can put a link right to the products. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by tscweaves
    I have the foot and ruler set from Westalee, 6 or7 rulers/templates came with the set along with a width gauge, a crosshair marking grid, and a design book. Check out this link for Nancy's Notions http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...emplate+set.do
    Old 10-14-2017, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by D.Henson
    Thank you!! I will check these out. It is so cool that you can put a link right to the products. Thanks again.
    When I mentioned buying these to a friend, she said she didn't purchase them because she was told you also had to purchase a special presser foot that cost about $100.00. I do recall seeing some like that a long time ago and didn't buy them for the same reason. That's not true of this set. When you order you tell them what kind of machine you have and they match them up. The only cost is the price listed on Nancys Notions. Mine came the other day and are really nice. However, I have not used them yet because I'm forcing myself to finish some UFOs first. Otherwise I'll get sidetracked and I don't want my current items to go into a UFO pile.

MARY If you don't already, add a chopped apple to the kraut, along with the beer and Kielbassa. Blends all the flavors somehow. Yum!

Last edited by Just Jan; 10-14-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    Old 10-14-2017, 05:22 AM

Here are the UFOs I want to finish before trying the new rulers... The Mystery lap quilt using the gorgeous Mum fabric, thanks to Chasezzz and a quilt called Scrap Sensations from an old issue, Sept-Oct. 2011, of McCalls Quilting .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]582230[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]582231[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]582232[/ATTACH]

I have all the blocks for the Mum quilt made. It will be a rectangular lap quilt. The blocks appear to be set on point but aren't. Will post a pix when its done. Have all the HST made and 3 blocks of 16 completed for the Scrap Sensations quilt. Not sure if it will be used as a lap quilt or maybe a table quilt or bed topper. Just loved the pattern when I saw it! Figure to make it around 60 x 60. Can you see why I refuse to let them become UFOs?
    Attached Thumbnails mystery-star.jpg   scrap-sensation-quilt-1-.jpg   scrap-sensation-2.jpg  
    Old 10-14-2017, 05:58 AM
    Power Poster

Humm.... I never heard of adding apples. Those quilts are very pretty. I love the Scrap Sensations one.
    Old 10-14-2017, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Humm.... I never heard of adding apples. Those quilts are very pretty. I love the Scrap Sensations one.
    Just dice one apple and add it with the kraut. It will cook down and dissolve, and blend the flavors. Its a German touch.
    Thanks. I've been sewing since I wrote earlier and my back is starting to hurt. Guess I'll take a break and see what's in my stash for borders.
    Old 10-14-2017, 01:02 PM
    Power Poster

Jan my Dad came from Germany and my mama was 1/2 german. Her father was from Germany..I used to have a lot of german recipes but moved and forgot them up over the kitchen cupboard and when I went back they were gone. What a heartbreak that was. I also had 4 photo albums up there and they were gone also. Well now I've told my sad story can everyone please send Chocolate to my address..... Have a good day all.
    Old 10-14-2017, 01:58 PM

Mary, That is very sad! I lost my Mom's recipe book over the years, too, so I can relate. But not to your extent. Recipes and photos too, how awful! Will virtual chocolate help? Its fat free!
    Old 10-14-2017, 02:27 PM

I saute cabbage and also add a thin sliced apple. Delicious.

My granddaughter is now studying in Germany for a year.
    Old 10-14-2017, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    I saute cabbage and also add a thin sliced apple. Delicious.

My granddaughter is now studying in Germany for a year.
    My neighbor was Polish and taught me to make Halushki. Cabbage sauteed in a small amount of bacon grease. When the cabbage is soft add some bacon crumbles. Cook Gnocchis and drain.(or can substitute egg noodles or small potato dumplings), add to cabbage and steam until the flavors are blended then serve and top with sour cream! YUM! Next time I think I'll try adding an apple to it, although its not in the recipe. Part German, part Polish... would that make it Perman or Golish? Forgot to say... you will find recipes for Gnocchis (potato dumplings) under Italian recipes. Easy to make and a good use for leftover mashed potatoes. I just use leftover mashed potatoes, one egg and enough flour to make a dough. (They freeze well too.) You can find it on YouTube. Italians serve them with spaghetti sauce. Are we hungry yet? I'm making that for supper tomorrow! Glad Blue Bell mentioned the sauteed cabbage!

Last edited by Just Jan; 10-14-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 PM

Just Jan, You are too funny-----Perman or Golish! I am Ukrainian. I am getting hungry!