Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion >
  • 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

• 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Oh, Losie... HE doesn't listen to me - do me a huge favor - forget the prayers for my knee and double them for my daughter's recovery from her behcet's disease!! she's been in nonstop pain for over 6years straight now - category 10+ !! thanks
    Monica/Gus
    Old 06-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Well after 6 months of lurking here I have finally cut out my first block. I had intended to start with you guys but you know how that goes.My jaw just drops every time I come to this site at all of the beautiful work here. I am just amazed. I am starting with a group at my LQS. They are planning on doing 2 blocks a month. At that pace I think it is a 10 year project. I am hoping to work with them for a while and also try to start where you guys are and keep up. I will post when I get one block done. Keep up the good work.
    Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Yay meanmom! Welcome to our world.
    Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Way to go mean mom, look forward to seeing your blocks. Have fun with your group. And, remember to have fun and don't be too hard on yourself.
    Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Hi meanmom, that was my moniker for years when I had 3 girls in their teens. "You're so mean, you won't let us do anything." Was repeated so often. Thirty years later I have 3 very sweet and wonderful daughters who have blessed me with 7 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. It pays off in the long run. Welcome to our group and I know you will enjoy this quilt and this group.
    Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Have two daughters (adults) and both had recent knee surgery...both had some cartilege(sp) removed...apparently it was torn and was sort of flapping around and when it hit a spot it wasn't supposed to be in....extreme pain....now both are fine...no pain. Surgery was done at one of those in/out Surgery Centers.........Good Luck......
    Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 AM

Have taken a long break from Jane but am back in business and using everyone's pictures for inspiration. Great job everybody!! It's so fun to see all the color palettes that you are using.
    Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 AM
    Power Poster

welcome back, Chay. am looking forward to seeing more of your blocks. i am moved, but probably won't get back to DJ blocks until August as i have to sew vacation clothes and my new quilt studio needs organizing. i feel lost in not participating, but love seeing all the blocks
    Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Awesome blocks!! Well, Spartan - I should've used your method of doing C7 - that is, I think you did it the way I was planning to... did you applique the 8 diamonds that go around the border?? I am in the process of "setting them in" [piecing] OMG a pain.... and I already have enough in the knee!! Oh ladies, I just noticed how far behind I actually am boy am I glad next week is catch-up! [although I dont know exactly how much I can accomplish...] I am more comfortable doing handwork at the moment & finished D4 and now trying to finish C7. [then I should get to ahem.... RS1, C10 &13, and D1,2,5 and 13] only 7 blocks to catch up - your leader is definitely not 'fearless.'

have a great 'sewing' or fun day!
    Gus
    Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Gus--yes, I did those diamonds by applique. I looked at all the clues about setting them in, and just did not want to go there. That was the block that really put me behind, and other projects, of course. But I will catch up again, SOME DAY!!!

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Awesome blocks!! Well, Spartan - I should've used your method of doing C7 - that is, I think you did it the way I was planning to... did you applique the 8 diamonds that go around the border?? I am in the process of "setting them in" [piecing] OMG a pain.... and I already have enough in the knee!! Oh ladies, I just noticed how far behind I actually am boy am I glad next week is catch-up! [although I dont know exactly how much I can accomplish...] I am more comfortable doing handwork at the moment & finished D4 and now trying to finish C7. [then I should get to ahem.... RS1, C10 &13, and D1,2,5 and 13] only 7 blocks to catch up - your leader is definitely not 'fearless.'

have a great 'sewing' or fun day!
    Gus