Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 AM
    Power Poster

LOL....yes, I love the light boxes! Ducky, yours is fancy! I had a friend who did lots of stained glass. I loved it, she used to give me things for Christmas that she had made. I did buy a lamp from her..its sooo pretty!

Cheri...how's Stupid Sylvia coming??

And I may have joined the JTG, but I'm soooo slow that I'll also be a member of BUTR!! :D:
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    I don't clean much - out here the dust is a protective furniture coating. The stuff on the floor is "patina."
    Love the way you think. I actually have a sign that reads "Housework won't kill me but I'm not taking any chances!"

For anyone waiting, you can join me in the BUTR club (Bringing Up The Rear) lol. I am a procrastinator by nature, and someone has to be last.
    I am quite sure I will be in your BUTR group, will be watching for your block posts so I can keep u[ with you. LOL
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

And I may have joined the JTG, but I'm soooo slow that I'll also be a member of BUTR!! :D:
    It's -still- at 40 blocks left to make, which is why I'm planning to be a full-time member of BUTR! Must try to turn on sewing machine before this week is over... LOL.
    Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
    Originally Posted by sandpat

It's -still- at 40 blocks left to make, which is why I'm planning to be a full-time member of BUTR! Must try to turn on sewing machine before this week is over... LOL.
    You will soon get them done Cheri, with the incentive of starting this with everyone else. You have about 12 weeks at a rough calculation, so an average of just over 3 a week?
    Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Heh Patti, I love that lightbox, I have been trying to think how I could make one and voila there you are using two chairs, I am going to do that, much easier to work with.
    Me too!!!! How ingenius!!!!
    Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM

The owner of my very favorite LQS shared a tracing/lightbox tip with a bunch of us... very cool - get a clear plastic project box/scrapbook box [like the 14x14 ones from Jo-Ann] and a "tap light" [the lights that work with batteries that you hang in the closets] Tap the light "on" - put it inside the box and wa-la!! you have a fairly reasonably priced functional lightbox :)
    Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    The owner of my very favorite LQS shared a tracing/lightbox tip with a bunch of us... very cool - get a clear plastic project box/scrapbook box [like the 14x14 ones from Jo-Ann] and a "tap light" [the lights that work with batteries that you hang in the closets] Tap the light "on" - put it inside the box and wa-la!! you have a fairly reasonably priced functional lightbox :)
    That's a good version, and if you are working with a black background, and the light isn't quite bright enough, there is room for more lights! From my point of view, any of these solutions are better than standing at a window.

Another is if you have a cabinet or table that your machine sits down in so that it is level with the table surface. Take the machine out, cover the hole with a large ruler, and put a light below it (some of these tap lights woud work well in that situation too).
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 AM

New to the site ..saw this BOM and decided to join.I have had the book in house for quite a while and have enlarged my patterns just waiting for the push...so here we go...thanks.

cozadiel
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Great idea!!...I have a light box but it is not big enough for some projects and as I like to tape the pattern and fabric down on the box this will be very helpful so I don't have to untape.
    Thanks for the great idea...
    cozadiel
    Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by cozadiel
    New to the site ..saw this BOM and decided to join.I have had the book in house for quite a while and have enlarged my patterns just waiting for the push...so here we go...thanks.

cozadiel
    Welcome to the group!

We are going to have such a fun time creating our own personalized versions. There will be tons of help & encouragement, too.

How large are you planning on making your blocks. What color scheme are you doing?