Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Have you thought about getting a skateboard?????
    Doesn't bear thinking about, she would be whizzing about getting under everyone's feet. Perhaps a mobility scooter might be a bit more sedate, and she would have storage with the basket on the front. I have one under my seat as well, and a zip up bag hanging behind me seat, so I can get a weeks shoppping in that lot, so think how much fabric they would hold.

Still have the puffy half a face, but now have extra meds that I am hoping will clear it up. I am not a pretty sight at the moment (though I don't think the meds would improve that much).
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 AM

I have named my quilt Wild at Heart. I have the first one done . Pics as soon as I can. Jo
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Oh Sandpat,the kimono silk is my very favorite thread to applique with.I am going to see if I can find some rayon embroidery thread to go with my yellow DMC as I dont like the Krenig,it always breaks or ravels even tho I use short leng. to applique .
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM

I like the name Jolo. Wild at heart sounds good
    Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 AM

Thanks Elle,As I enlarged to 12 block and using both brights and batiks that go so well together on black bg ,one person I showed it to,said WILD and that clicked with me to call it Wild at heart. lol. All the blocks that have been shown to us are so gorgeous, I have the first one ready to do the embroidery then on to another one. Goooooooo
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Well I have started on my first block tonight. Have three hearts sewn on. Using freezer paper to make a good shape and it is working very well. So far I have not basted around the shapes. finding it easier too with the larger pieces for a 10" block. First one I did was 7" the pieces were tiny.
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Well I have started on my first block tonight. Have three hearts sewn on. Using freezer paper to make a good shape and it is working very well. So far I have not basted around the shapes. finding it easier too with the larger pieces for a 10" block. First one I did was 7" the pieces were tiny.
    When you get to some of the other blocks, Elle, you will be even more happy that you are doing the 10" blocks. I'm not sure how those ladies are working with the smaller blocks. I don't think I could do it.
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    When you get to some of the other blocks, Elle, you will be even more happy that you are doing the 10" blocks. I'm not sure how those ladies are working with the smaller blocks. I don't think I could do it.
    I have already looked and quite honestly I don´t like the look of those twirly ones, they look really hard, however as they say in for a penny, in for a pound.......at least where I come from LOL
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
    I have already looked and quite honestly I don´t like the look of those twirly ones, they look really hard, however as they say in for a penny, in for a pound.......at least where I come from LOL
    If you mean the scrolls, I took loads of pics when I did one of the blocks with them on, which I haven't posted yet, (because I didn't want to worry people until they had tried some hearts and leaves).

Of course, my pics are of needle turned ones, but I am hoping they will help those who are fairly new to applique
    Old 03-25-2011, 12:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jolo
    Thanks Elle,As I enlarged to 12 block and using both brights and batiks that go so well together on black bg ,one person I showed it to,said WILD and that clicked with me to call it Wild at heart. lol. All the blocks that have been shown to us are so gorgeous, I have the first one ready to do the embroidery then on to another one. Goooooooo
    Good name, Jolo - looking forward to pics!