Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
    Power Poster

Please count me in for AOTH Cyber-Sew 2011. I have the book, and have ordered the black background fabric. I hope to use fabric from my stash for the machine applique. Will mix in some batiks. I will go for the 10" blocks.
    Old 05-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Welcome Ann Clare! I'm going with the 10" blocks and a black background also but I am going to hand applique. I had to go to Orlando this morning for some medical tests and my DH took me to a Jo Ann super store in Kissimmee. I got some more supplies for my AOTH (marking pencils, applique needles, etc.) and a few fat quarters. I also bought some hot pink striped fabric that I am thinking about using for the borders but that is still up in the air.
    Old 05-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Better for your borders to be up in the air than your background as with me, Losie!!! still no can decide. I kinda wanted dark rich blue - but of the few UFOs I want to finish, one is already a rich deep blue batik. So, black not really what I had in mind... still considering red violet or chocolate or iris in Mirage from CT - although my friends say nothing will top black.... [and coal now out of stock] then to complicate things I went to Aie's website -
    http://www.lotuslands.ab.ca/boms1.html
    WOW!!!! I love that first quilt "Water Lillies" even more than AOTH!! she's such an amazing designer [only wish she could hand applique better - I agree with all of you...]

oooo....correction - just went to CT - they cant seem to be able to decide whether to keep Mirage "coal" on there or not... I just ordered Mirage coal and indigo - enough for background and border for each 4.5yd @ 2.96/yd woohoo!! [as our friendly family owls would say...gotta get their pictures up!] I will decide which I'm using when it gets here next week :lol:
    Old 05-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Cre8tvlyr You could make a similar design to "Water Lillies" with the designs in our AOTH book. Just use that wonderful imagination you have. Try dark Purple if you want something different. That is what I am using.
    Old 05-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Welcome to our new members! We start in only 17 more days! Fasten your seatbelts - we're in for the ride of our lives!

This will be so much fun!

I have all my blocks cut out, so my stash of batiks was sorely lacking in a few places. I said "was" as I was in Albuquerqur & there are more quilt shops in that area than I thought was legal. DH has resigned himself to the fact that he goes to meetings & I shop (spend - as he corrects me) - well, shopping is for spending, isn't it?

Here'a a pic of what I bought at Quilts Ole & Quiltworks. The Book is part of the series Masterpiece . . . like our AOTH book is, only this one if Machine Piecing. This is not a quilt in a day type book! Am going to make DH a quilt from it for his work office!

Fabric - all batiks & look at all the reds, book & stencils
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]199382[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-199376.jpe  
    Old 05-19-2011, 04:08 PM

Wow i am jealous..... makes me ponder a trip to Albequerque.

:D Maureen
    Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 PM

What yummy fabrics, Kathy. Love that red.
    Old 05-19-2011, 04:42 PM
    Power Poster

Gorgeous Kathy! I can' tell what your stencils are except for the one. I like that book too....hmmmm....maybe we should do a joint shopping trip! I'll have to hop a plane to Alb. 1st though, right???
    Old 05-19-2011, 05:41 PM

I think Albuquerque would be a perfect place for this group to meet each other and have a shop hop, with Kathy as our leader since she knows where the good quilt shops are.
    Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    I think Albuquerque would be a perfect place for this group to meet each other and have a shop hop, with Kathy as our leader since she knows where the good quilt shops are.
    Let me tell you that I haven't found a bad one yet!!! I learned of 2 more on Tuesday. May have to check them out in August on our next trip!

The only "bad" thing about Albuquerque is that I used to live in Milwaukee - another big city - & the traffic is horrible. I had forgotten just how much I hated driving in the traffic on the major streets. On the secondary streets, it was just fine! They also don't drive like idiots there, either. Here, the driving game is to see just how fast ou can drive & not get stopped. Also, the other game is drive like a bat out of H***, then slam on the brakes and see how far out into the intersection you can skid to without getting hit by the on-coming traffic!

Anyway, the traffic is pretty lousy there in Alb. but I am getting used to driving in it. OK, so I drive in the middle lane & I'm probably only going 30 in that 40 zone! :-) A group shop hop would be fun. I couldn't believe how many shops there are there.