Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 AM

I'm going to the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a quilt retreat with a group from this board. I will be working on my Affairs of the Heart blocks. Wow three days just to get a good start. Last night I had a lesson in embroidery, it was great. I am loving these blocks in 10" size.
    Old 06-02-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by trish b
    I'm going to the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon for a quilt retreat with a group from this board. I will be working on my Affairs of the Heart blocks. Wow three days just to get a good start. Last night I had a lesson in embroidery, it was great. I am loving these blocks in 10" size.
    Ohhh, have a wonderful time at the retreat, Trish! I wish I would have taken my AOTH with me when I went to the Texas retreat. Who all is going to yours?
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Perfect timing :wink: :wink: I wanted to trace the patterns for block 11 today. I had already appliqued the background into place. I broke off part of a tooth and spent a frustrated afternoon in my dentist's chair. It was meant to be. I went through today's mail when I got home and there was my order from Purple Daisies with the light weight foundation and the glue tips for my Elmer's washable glue. I am going to use the foundation like Sharon Schamber showed on You Tube and I will see how it compares to freezer paper. :thumbup:
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
    Just out of curiosity - how many started Jane and stuck with it to the end?
    HEHE!! :oops: :hunf:
    have all stuff for DJ - got cd-roms from Brenda Papadakis today... gonna do AOTH first - determined ....

and think I FINALLY have the background figured out :shock:

got the Jinny Beyer red lily swirl and LOVE it.... but.....
    very little goes with it :cry:
    luckily I had ordered the CT Mirage in Iris.....WOW and thanks to some very experienced Baltimore app ladies I know who were comparing the weight of the fabric to their LQS and special order stash, I am [almost] convinced it is not as poor quality as I originally thought [I hope anyway - cuz it looks luscious with all batiks, baltimore fabs, and kaffe fasset possible applique options]

My computer works after a near-week long virus [like our family- intestinal blah...] my computer caught it - not me or DH... and Son informs me he has the adapter for the computer so photos coming with a few days - when do we 88 [WOW] officially start?? Sunday??
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 PM

I'm sure the red lily swirl will find a loving home in your stash anyway. If not....an international holiday may be in order for it - I do have some of its cousins here to play with.
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM

[quote=Lacelady]I tried again, and I didn't type the addy properly, try:
    http://www.FingerGloves.com/
    [quote]

Thanks Lesley for posting this address. I just ordered 3 packs. I also do a lot of gardening and the sand gets inside my gardening gloves. These should be perfect.
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
    Power Poster

Losie, so sorry you had problems with a tooth - I empathise with you after a dreadful one I had earlier this year.

I hope the finger cots work for you, I haven't tried them for gardening, just for quilting and for extra grip when holding a sewing needle. They come with a ridge at the base which I find a little tight for me, so I just cut that part off.
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM

I am using the mirage and it is fine. It is a little thinner than some LQS fabrics, and I would suggest some starch or sizing on it to keep it from fraying so much. Fraying is the only problem I've had with it and once I started starching the blocks I don't have that problem any more.
    Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    I am using the mirage and it is fine. It is a little thinner than some LQS fabrics, and I would suggest some starch or sizing on it to keep it from fraying so much. Fraying is the only problem I've had with it and once I started starching the blocks I don't have that problem any more.
    Thanks for the advice - everything gets "Best Press" at my house - we'll see...
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Maybe I'm the last 1 on the board to know about http://www.hancocks-paducah.com They have gorgeous fabric on sale for $2.99 per yard. I don't need any fabric but if I did I could go crazy.