Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >
  • Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 AM

Thanks ladies. I don't know how I managed that, lol. But I Ak doing everything by machine, so once my pieces are prepared and turned under, the process of stitching goes pretty fast.

Now I do have an English paper piecing project that I started in May and have less than 20 flowers done..hmm..maybe I should tackle that.
    Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 AM
    Power Poster

Donna...I will have to search, there may be a youtube for the technique. The lady who showed it to me was teaching the Bernina "mastery" classes when I bought my machine...you know the classes where they teach you how to use all the different feet and attachments (so you will pour even MORE $$ into it??? ~which of course I did!) LOL!
    Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 AM
    Power Poster

Check out this posting:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-161015-1.htm

Keep scrolling down and there is a 'tiny' AOTH - I wish she had said what size it was. No narrow borders, but everything else seems to be there.
    Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM

I think you are right about the borders, but I don't think she has the layout the same as in the book, some of the blocks are in a different order. If she did the 6" blocks that would be 30" plus whatever size she did the outer border, maybe 45" square
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Check out this posting:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-161015-1.htm

Keep scrolling down and there is a 'tiny' AOTH - I wish she had said what size it was. No narrow borders, but everything else seems to be there.
    Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Is there room for one more to play? I have spent the last 6 weeks catching up on your site and finishing a UFO. I told myself I had to finish it before I could start AOTH.

I am doing this as a BOM with a LQS (in another province) so will be starting with block 1. I am hand appliqueing 7 inch blocks on black with batiks similar to the book. I would like to have followed your schedule, but am so far behind your start date, I don't think it matters.
    Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by crftyldy
    Is there room for one more to play? I have spent the last 6 weeks catching up on your site and finishing a UFO. I told myself I had to finish it before I could start AOTH.

I am doing this as a BOM with a LQS (in another province) so will be starting with block 1. I am hand appliqueing 7 inch blocks on black with batiks similar to the book. I would like to have followed your schedule, but am so far behind your start date, I don't think it matters.
    oh for joy! another AOTH-ER...welcome! welcome, crftyldy...come right on with your blocks ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
    Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Can't wait to see pictures, crftyldy
    Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM

crftyldy,
    Glad you are joining us....please post pictures so we can see your progress. I think you will have alot of fun. I relly don't think it matters the block order other than if you do the 1st 16 as listed, you can then assemble the center unit and add the inner border. Otherwise, be sure to have fun and keep us posted on your progress. Again welcome!

Originally Posted by Mousie
    Originally Posted by crftyldy

oh for joy! another AOTH-ER...welcome! welcome, crftyldy...come right on with your blocks ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
    Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM

crftyldy, there is always room for more. I think some of the original members have dropped out or they're being very quiet. We are like mosquitoes; we thrive on new blood. Welcome aboard.
    Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 PM

I think they got to block 19 and just put it on the shelf.....

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    crftyldy, there is always room for more. I think some of the original members have dropped out or they're being very quiet. We are like mosquitoes; we thrive on new blood. Welcome aboard.