Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Baltimore Album BOM June Block >
  • Baltimore Album BOM June Block

• Baltimore Album BOM June Block

Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 PM

I feel better today...I got a second corner block done, and started on the heart block.

Peg, I am having a battle with myself over that inner small border. To me it looks out of scale. This is your BOM, and your design, so I am asking your permission to change that border around the center block. You can just tell me NO if you want, and I won't mind. I'll make it as you designed it. But if you don't mind, I would like to try something else. Just let me know. Like I said, your design....and I completely respect that!!

I have a habit of making a pattern into what I want it to be. Anyway, hope I'm not offending!!
    Old 06-18-2011, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
    I feel better today...I got a second corner block done, and started on the heart block.

Peg, I am having a battle with myself over that inner small border. To me it looks out of scale. This is your BOM, and your design, so I am asking your permission to change that border around the center block. You can just tell me NO if you want, and I won't mind. I'll make it as you designed it. But if you don't mind, I would like to try something else. Just let me know. Like I said, your design....and I completely respect that!!

I have a habit of making a pattern into what I want it to be. Anyway, hope I'm not offending!!
    Go for it! No permission needed. this is for fun and if you want to change anything it's fine with me.

I appreciate your consideration of my design, but it is your quilt and I want you to love it and be happy.

Have fun and post a pic when you've made your new border.
    Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm back and ready to go.

First off, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I am at peace, did everything we could to help him for the past 4 years. He lived 2-1/2 years longer than the drs predicted.

Last of company left this am, kind of have my home back in order, tomorrow I hit the studio running! I am so far behind with my swaps, this BOM, and a quilt I am making for my niece's wedding. Have to get my butt in gear quickly.

Everyone's block are so beautiful, I'm so happy for all of you.
    Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Peg, thanks for letting me try something different for the border around the center block. Don't know what yet, but when I come up with something I'll give you a look!! Thanks again!!
    Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Peg, thanks for letting me try something different for the border around the center block. Don't know what yet, but when I come up with something I'll give you a look!! Thanks again!!
    Do you have EQ? if you want some ideas, let me know what you are thinking and I can send you some blocks.
    Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
    Do you have EQ? if you want some ideas, let me know what you are thinking and I can send you some blocks.
    Yes, I do have EQ6. I just haven't had time to sit down and mess with it for this. Maybe this weekend I'll get some time. I have projects backed up, both to be quilted and to be pieced. Never enough time in the day!! LOL
    Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Welcome back Peg nice to have you back:) i am still going on with June block a little slower with this block due to my daughter's wedding we were away for 5 days :)

Originally Posted by gal288
    Hi everyone,

I'm back and ready to go.

First off, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I am at peace, did everything we could to help him for the past 4 years. He lived 2-1/2 years longer than the drs predicted.

Last of company left this am, kind of have my home back in order, tomorrow I hit the studio running! I am so far behind with my swaps, this BOM, and a quilt I am making for my niece's wedding. Have to get my butt in gear quickly.

Everyone's block are so beautiful, I'm so happy for all of you.
    :thumbup:
    Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 PM

Love this block. I may have to go nack to the beginning n give this a try. Thanks for doing this! :)
    Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Love this block. I may have to go nack to the beginning n give this a try. Thanks for doing this! :)
    Welcome aboard, if you need the links to the other blocks, let me know, have fun.
    Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM

I love this, I used some of my tye-dyed fabric (that I dyed) and got the middle done, and the hearts, and am working on the four corners. I will post pictures soon, but supper time now.