Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Block of the Month June 15, 2007 - Log Cabin - The Photos >
  • Block of the Month June 15, 2007 - Log Cabin - The Photos

• Block of the Month June 15, 2007 - Log Cabin - The Photos

Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM

Yvonne, you make me crazy........3 inch/3/8th? Are you a teenager, too? I can't see to do that stuff anymore, but it's beautiful. Is it my eyes or my patience? Well, anyway, thanks for the making me crazy today, I needed it! lol lol lol lol

I did those small log cabin blocks to frame an applique wall quilt I did a couple of years ago but the eyes are going so no more of that. I do love the look of the log cabin and the piecing by machine without the paper. It just takes a whole lotta ironing.

Patrice, I have the purple raindrops, what to add it to your stash? I will cut you a fat quarter to go with the kid prints I have cut for you??

(I'm cutting, mine is going to be real different colors but I love LOVE that neon.)
    Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Yvonne, you know you don't really make me crazy, don't you??? I'm jealous of your being able to do such tiny, delicate, FINE looking work. REALLY!

I used to be able to do that little stuff, but my patience for it and my eyes really have gone the way of aging......

Hugs,
    Sharon
    Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Sharon, I'm already crazy and am happy to have company in my craziness! :lol: My eyesight isn't all that good that's why I did those logs with paper piecing. All I have to see is the line to stitch on and wow a little 3 inch log cabin in no time! I like seeing the patterns you can make arranging the log cabins but I have no interest in making a large quilt so I make little 3 inch log cabins and I can make patterns in a 12 inch (or 6 inch) size block. Cool, huh? Okay,':mrgreen:I'm NUTZ. I admit it! But I have fun! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
    Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Dear Debbie, You chose well! I do like Log Cabins, and had forgotten how much.

Mimisharon, I would love to see a picture of your quilt with the log cabins framing the appliqué, if you have one. Thinking now I may frame my wedding quilt appliqué medallion with log cabins. Looking for inspiration/suggestions.

Meanwhile, here is a Christmas Log Cabin. I stepped into my sewing room on the way to bed to make sure the iron was off... Events ensued, and here is the result. Still trying to expand my range of values in this collection. It turns out I've got a distinctly "medium-value" comfort zone. Sigh.

Nighty-night all,
    Love from Marcella

I'm going to love this quilt when it is finished! I think I am missing some of our 2b's-a-m and plan to catch up after the end of August (along with a lot of other things!)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25948[/ATTACH]

A 6-inch plain ol' log cabin for the sampler
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]66340[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-25948.jpe   attachment-66335.jpe  
    Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 AM

Marcella, you have encouraged me. You're work is beautiful!! I've been so depressed over not being up to doing the BOMs and BimonthlyOMs, but seeing your picture and that you are going to catch up after August gives me hope. I'll get them I'm determined to finish them each and every one.

I am delighted to see all the lovely work done by everyone. It still hurts to try to use the wrist to hold the rule and my rotary cut but it will come. I'll get these done before '08, God willing and the creek don't rise!

Sharon
    Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 AM

Mimisharon,
    Hang in there Babe! You'll be caught up before you know it. Just do these blocks by 'little bits'. A little bit today and a little bit tomorrow, a little bit here adn a little bit there and before you know it it'll be a quilt top.
    AND if that proverbial creek does rise your quilt will only be a little damp.
    Remember...
    Quilting has no time lines!
    Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 AM

Dear Sharon, that is a lovely compliment, and I thank you. And of course my big sister is right. Of course, she has ne-heh-heh-ver put pressure on herself to finish a project. Nooooooooo. (Can you tell my tongue is in my cheek?) :-)

I am sure your bones and muscles still have to heal more even after the cast comes off. And getting your strength back from having had the cast on is bound to take time too. But Yvonne is right; little by little will get it done, in healing and in quilting. And in most things, come to think of it. ..God willing and the creek don't rise.

You encourage me too. Love from Marcella
    Old 07-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Finally starting to play "catch up" again on these blocks....Here are my two Log Cabin blocks....Anytime I work with long strips like this ...the blocks are never square when I get done! Oh well, they were fun to make Debbie!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-54201.jpe   attachment-56747.jpe  
    Old 07-21-2007, 12:53 PM

Those are lovely country quilter, they look pretty straight to me :) The BOM is great fun Isn't it
    Old 07-21-2007, 12:55 PM

It is GREAT fun Shelly! Well, they LOOK ok from a distance....glad you guys can't put your square up rulers on top of them like I did tho! LOL I'm off to do my Amish Diamond block!
    Attached Thumbnails cimg1586.jpg   cimg1585.jpg   cimg1584.jpg   cimg1587.jpg   cimg1561.jpg  

cimg1588.jpg   image.jpg