Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Block of Month, May 1, 2007 - Cabbage Rose and/or Spider Star - Directions & Discussion >
  • Block of Month, May 1, 2007 - Cabbage Rose and/or Spider Star - Directions & Discussion

• Block of Month, May 1, 2007 - Cabbage Rose and/or Spider Star - Directions & Discussion

Old 05-08-2007, 06:48 PM

I can not find anything in my prnting options that mention scaling. How do I turn off scaling. What is the actual measurement of the 8 " patern when printed for the spider web. With the seam allowance I am measuring exatly 8" from outside corner of D1 to the oppist corner of D7. Is this correct. I love the piece jessesmom made. I have a piece very similar and want to try it.
    Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Don't worry... We can keep a secret... At least until the first picture is posted & someone yells YIPPEE!!!! ooopppsss.... Inside voice... I forgot...

:D
    Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by szn1227
    I can not find anything in my prnting options that mention scaling. How do I turn off scaling. What is the actual measurement of the 8 " patern when printed for the spider web. With the seam allowance I am measuring exatly 8" from outside corner of D1 to the oppist corner of D7. Is this correct. I love the piece jessesmom made. I have a piece very similar and want to try it.
    just a couple of steps. i made some instructions for everybody, complete with pictures.
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    Attachment-57404.pdf (357.1 KB, 61 views)
    Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 AM

I do not have an option for scaling in my printing system. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails dsc00007.jpg   dsc00005.jpg   dsc00006.jpg   dsc00009.jpg   dsc00011.jpg  

dsc00010.jpg  
    Old 05-09-2007, 02:27 PM
    Administrator

without being able to see it in person, i'm not sure. do this:

(1) open the file using Adobe Acrobat Reader
    (2) open a new, blank file in Word (or whichever word processing program you use)
    (3) in Adobe Acrobat, click on the printer icon. when the print dialog box comes up, hit the "PrintScreen" button on your keyboard.
    (4) go to the Word document, and either click on the paste icon or select "Edit" from the menu bar, then "paste" from the edit options.

save the Word document with the picture in it. upload that file here so i can get a look at what your version of Acrobat offers. maybe i can figure it out for you. worth a shot, anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails cumberland-photo-posted-qb.jpg  
    Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 AM

I have Acrobat 4.0 on my computer, but the printing instructions are for my Lexmar printer they are not coming from Acrobat Reader. Is there something I should be doing different to get printing instructions from Acrobat. I am attaching what I copied doing the print screen.
    Attached Files
    File Type: doc
    Attachment-10646.doc (204.5 KB, 48 views)
    Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 AM

when you first click on print the main print box comes up look to where it says zoom (mines in lower right corner just above the OK cancel button) should be a box that asks # of pages per sheet under that it should say scale to paper size pick no scaleing I have the 2100 series of the Lexmark Hope this helps
    Old 05-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Hi patrice. I have had major probllems with my computer,but all is well now. I found these patterns at McCall's site but not the thread you have called 'bonus" Am I missing somthing? I am amoung the least computer people you will ever come across on the net.lol Quiltnurse
    Old 05-12-2007, 12:57 PM
    Administrator

it's the second post of the first page of this thread. but i'll post it again here to make it eeezeee

it shows all the blocks since march and the links to find them, plus pp patterns or templates you can use to make the may 1 blocks in different sizes.

don't forget - to print the pp foundations for 12" blocks, you have to use legal sized paper.

:-)
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    Attachment-57562.pdf (368.4 KB, 46 views)
    Old 05-12-2007, 02:51 PM

patrice, now I cannot down load from the site? as I said, I lost my hard drive and had to get a new one, now I am tring to rebuild my stuff. do I need java for this site? all I have is adobe at this time. God I know this is supposed to be easy, but I do not really think so. thanks Quiltnurse