• BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >
  • BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

• BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by margie77072
    I can't believe that I still can't get the dang blasted templates to print out the same size. I even put it in a draw program. FRUSTRATED!!
    Margie,
    Why don't yoy PM your a Email address, I'll save the pattern as a PDF and email it to you, maybe this will work.
    sorry to use you as a public example, candi, but i must remind everyone that doing this is a violation of copyright law. please do not suggest the practice or offer to engage in the practice.

having to adusting printer settings in order to get properly sized pattern prints can be annoying, i know. but, that's what needs to be done if having the block finish to exactly the intended size is critically necessary.

in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer, an easy way to ensure the block ends up the "right" size is to use oversized pieces of fabric for all the outer parts of the pattern. leaves lots of fabric hanging past the seam allowances marked on the paper. then she can square it back to the right size. :-)
    Patrice,
    I appreciate your guidance. However, does the copyright law apply for these free patterns in this way? I mean we all have access to it with no pass codes or fees, and we all need to print it in order to make the block, I guess I didn't think I am violating any laws here by printing a free pattern and giving it to someone who is having hard time printing it, after all, try do have access to it. Sorry, I was just trying to help.
    Candi that was so sweet of you to offer. I know you helped me out more then you might realize when it came to printing out the pattern...hugs :}
    Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    k, the embellishments are done, I still need to stitch around the cross and the little round window
    WOW!! :thumbup: Are you sure that this is the same block? :D It's amazing just what a few embellishments can do to change the look of it. I Love it, thank you for sharing with all of us!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 AM

Mi printer is not responding , computer glitch I think so I am going to have to eyeball this one and hand draw it,with a bit of luck!!

XX Jeannine
    Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 AM

"in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer,"

Unforunately, the pieces don't come close to fitting together. One window is longer and more narrow then the other one and if I adjust that then I have to adjust the roof and I just don't have the experience. Also, my printer does not have enlarge/reduce capabilities (I thought it did.....who knew). So, I'm going to attempt to draw it on graph paper. It was very nice of Candi to offer to help me out and neither of us were aware that we would be breaking copyright laws. Live and Learn, I always say.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate the help. I have a HP printer.
    Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
    Administrator

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate the help. I have a HP printer.
    when i get home this evening, i'll do some techie-type research and then send you a pm. i don't want to start spouting off with ideas until i think i might, possibly have have a chance that i know what i'm talking about. :lol:
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blinky
    Thank you! I like your name BizzieLizzie!
    Thank you. It's partially my baptismal name and my late aunt's name. Bizzie just for fun!
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    k, the embellishments are done, I still need to stitch around the cross and the little round window
    I simply LOVE your block! It is stunning!
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 PM

Very pretty blocks, hard to choose a favorite.
    I started on mine today and hope to get the rest done tomorrow and will post a photo then.
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Candi that was so sweet of you to offer. I know you helped me out more then you might realize when it came to printing out the pattern...hugs :}
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Did you get your block done already :lol: :mrgreen: ? Show us!!!
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM

"in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer,"

Unforunately, the pieces don't come close to fitting together. One window is longer and more narrow then the other one and if I adjust that then I have to adjust the roof and I just don't have the experience. Also, my printer does not have enlarge/reduce capabilities (I thought it did.....who knew). So, I'm going to attempt to draw it on graph paper. It was very nice of Candi to offer to help me out and neither of us were aware that we would be breaking copyright laws. Live and Learn, I always say.

Margie, can you draw the template out to scale by replicating the pictures? Could someone at home help? Patrice is this allowed, that is, we draw it out for our own use? I remember when I was adapting some drawings for my exams, I had to ask permission to replicate them and as long as I used them for myself and for that one purpose, it was fine. I would be interested to know please. Thank you.