Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >
  • BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

• BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 AM

Ohhh! I just remembered. February is a short month. We'll have directions for our third block some. Yeah!!! I can't wait to see it.
    Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by helen31406
    Ohhh! I just remembered. February is a short month. We'll have directions for our third block some. Yeah!!! I can't wait to see it.
    Same Here!! :thumbup:
    Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 AM

I could not do the farmhouse. I'm hoping for a pieced pattern next (after 2 PP).
    Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
    I could not do the farmhouse. I'm hoping for a pieced pattern next (after 2 PP).
    I am sorry that you couldn't do the farm house block!! Don't worry about it, just relax, take a deep breath & wait a few more days with the rest of us, for the next block to be posted. You might find that in a couple months of doing these blocks, that you will pick your Farm House back up & it will click & go together just fine. One can always hope!! Hang in there, okay? We are pulling for you.
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
    Banned

All of the farm houses are wonderful. Maybe I can try to work on one before long. I just haven't had time yet. I might join later. But mean while I will just look and envy those who can do them. LOL
    Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Don't feel bad I could not do the farmhouse either.I will wait till the next one is posted and try again.
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Mine isn't done either, I was able to print out the pattern and that was it! This is why I wanted to do a block a month to motivate me to do what I enjoy. Love looking at all the beautiful farm houses hopefully I'll be posting my picture by Monday!
    Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 AM

Put the farmhouse block on the back burner. It is tough. Wait until you have finished a few more blocks. Then go back to the farmhouse. Paper piecing can be fun. But it does take practice. For more complicated patterns, I suggest printing on tracing paper or Quilter's Grid foundation placed on an 8x11 sticky label. This allows you to see through the foundation for easy fabric placement. It also gives stability to all those small pieces as they are sewn.

Paper piecing can make you sew happy!

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    I am sorry that you couldn't do the farm house block!! Don't worry about it, just relax, take a deep breath & wait a few more days with the rest of us, for the next block to be posted. You might find that in a couple months of doing these blocks, that you will pick your Farm House back up & it will click & go together just fine. One can always hope!! Hang in there, okay? We are pulling for you.
    Old 02-25-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by helen31406
    Put the farmhouse block on the back burner. It is tough. Wait until you have finished a few more blocks. Then go back to the farmhouse. Paper piecing can be fun. But it does take practice. For more complicated patterns, I suggest printing on tracing paper or Quilter's Grid foundation placed on an 8x11 sticky label. This allows you to see through the foundation for easy fabric placement. It also gives stability to all those small pieces as they are sewn.

Paper piecing can make you sew happy!

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Thanks for the encouragement. That sounds good.I might just try it .
    Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM

oh where, oh where is our next block. can't wait. printed off 2010's blocks. going to do some of those. yes that farm house was tough. every story, i had to take out at least once. you really had to have a 'do or die' attitude to get it done. and then, modify, if you had to. had to, had to.