BOM 2011

Old 12-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Congratulations Kathy this is my new year resolution, to lose a few pounds. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Oh yea I have never done a house quilt because of some kind of fear of failure, but with the new year comes new fortitude. So all I can say is bring it on! LOL
Old 12-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by linmid
Oh yea I have never done a house quilt because of some kind of fear of failure, but with the new year comes new fortitude. So all I can say is bring it on! LOL

ATTA GIRL!! I've never done houses either but first time for everything so I'm going to make many for at least a throw quilt!
Keeps snowing like this and we'll need them! I love this stuff!
:thumbup: :mrgreen:
Old 12-25-2010, 05:53 PM

I have a question. How do I get notified of any activity on this site for the BOM? I get it for Darlene's Slackers but not for here. HELP!!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 PM

ohhhhhhhh want to join where do I have to keep watching? any special place new to this please tell where to watch for directions and pattern thanks a million .........
Old 12-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by PieceandLuv
ohhhhhhhh want to join where do I have to keep watching? any special place new to this please tell where to watch for directions and pattern thanks a million .........
There really isn't a set pattern to follow, you find something you like i the way of houses, paper piecing or applique or whatever and go for it! I like paper piecing so thats what I'm going to do. About the best I know of is do what I'm doing...keep watching this thread and join in! There isn't any blocks to swap so you don't really have to do anything but go along as the group does. I guess it's just a group project, then post a picture of your block when your finished. Thats if you can. But I've been watching this since the beginning of December, this will be my first BOM. You can also go to the very first page of the thread and send a PM to the Moderator or Sulabug. She's pretty cool, been very helpful! Heck I still concider myself as new to here until I know a LOT more than I know now! HA! We'll all work together and get each other through! Good Luck!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:10 PM

I think many of us are first timers. This seems like it is a wonderful way to learn new things. I am excited to start and to see other sewer's blocks!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:22 PM

I know what you mean. I've learned a lot since I've been here. I like gong to different threads to look at others blocks and admireing, getting ideas.
Here is the link to the rules to BOM. Hope this helps!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-841-1.htm
Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Each month the block with link to the pattern instructions will be posted in the BOM section. Any discussion and assistance required will take place on that thread. Another thread will be started for pics to be posted as those participating complete their blocks.

Sulabug will keep everyone informed of what is happening as it goes along.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Each month the block with link to the pattern instructions will be posted in the BOM section. Any discussion and assistance required will take place on that thread. Another thread will be started for pics to be posted as those participating complete their blocks.

Sulabug will keep everyone informed of what is happening as it goes along.
thanks deecee, this is the info i needed to know as well!
merry christmas!!