Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics >
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics

• Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics

Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 PM

They both look awesome! It took me a bit to find the mistake in the triangles.... funny that you both did the same thing! :-)
    Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 PM

i think that it was late last night when i did those particular parts and had had to start over anyway so this was the second try and i just decided that it didn't look that bad
    Old 01-17-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    i think that it was late last night when i did those particular parts and had had to start over anyway so this was the second try and i just decided that it didn't look that bad
    Once it's all together in a quilt, no one will have a clue it's not supposed to look like that. I think we're overly hard on ourselves because we're looking at just these few little blocks each time, I might actually lay all mine out on the table for a look in the next few days, I bet next to each other faults don't show up.
    Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Once it's all together in a quilt, no one will have a clue it's not supposed to look like that. I think we're overly hard on ourselves because we're looking at just these few little blocks each time, I might actually lay all mine out on the table for a look in the next few days, I bet next to each other faults don't show up.
    i'll bet you are right my DH couldn't tell where the mistakes were even when i pointed them out (maybe he wasn't looking at them on purpose)
    Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 PM

i'll bet you are right my DH couldn't tell where the mistakes were even when i pointed them out (maybe he wasn't looking at them on purpose)
    I held one up for hubby a while ago, and his response was "are you going to fix it". I was horrified, it was perfect!

Because he didn't know what it "should" look like, there were two parts he thought should have been spun around, he thought I'd sewed them in wrong. I cut out the block on paper and he was right, it would have looked better with the two bits turned 180 degrees.
    Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 AM

lol it's funny how they see things that we might not mine does woodworking and gets very upset when things don't work the way he wants
    Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Janstar
    On some of the applique blocks Iv'e been fusing them and using a decorative stitch to sew them on with. I hope that isn't wrong but it looks ok to me. I use your tute Blue for the circles. On the pointed ones I can't get them real sharp looking so that's why I'm fusing them.
    fusing is not wrong, tons of people do fusible applique - i've even seen people win AQS shows doing fusible applique.
    Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 AM
    Banned

I held one up for hubby a while ago, and his response was "are you going to fix it". I was horrified, it was perfect!

Because he didn't know what it "should" look like, there were two parts he thought should have been spun around, he thought I'd sewed them in wrong. I cut out the block on paper and he was right, it would have looked better with the two bits turned 180 degrees.
    LOL.

my DH typically says something like - "is that the look you were going for"
    Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 AM
    Banned

luv

the 2 sets look great and i too had to study them to find the mistake.
    Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 AM

Hey luv, your blocks look great! I did that exact same thing with my triangle, but it was easy to take it out and turn it around...but then again, I only had one to do, not two!!

Love the way they are turning out and I agree with BC...when they're in the whole quilt, you will not even notice it!!!!!