Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics >
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics

• Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics

Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Klue I have decided to change the name of my quilt.

Last year my mother in-law went into the hospital she had some troubles that she had been in and out for off and on. I had spoken to her on a Thurs while she was in the hospital she asked what I had been up to (She lived in FL I am in MA). While on the phone I told her about all the block swaps I had been doing. She said I am going home tomorrow we will talk this weekend I would like to join you in some of the swaps. Well, she never did get to go home we lost her about a week later.
    I was working on some of the week 2 blocks early (2am) into the morning on Jan 12. I was thinking to myself how my MIL would have really loved to do this and go on the computer and show them off to everyone. As I was thinking it felt like someone had their arm over my shoulder as if to say "whatcha workin on?". I stopped what I was doing and said hello Ma and then it was gone. I said okay I need to rename this quilt. At 6:30 am her Great Grandson was born. I know kinda corny but wanted to share my little story with my friends.
    The new name is ----------- "Dear Jane a Message From Myrtle"
    yup her name was Myrtle :wink:

Cher
    Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic

Last year my mother in-law went into the hospital she had some troubles that she had been in and out for off and on. I had spoken to her on a Thurs while she was in the hospital she asked what I had been up to (She lived in FL I am in MA). While on the phone I told her about all the block swaps I had been doing. She said I am going home tomorrow we will talk this weekend I would like to join you in some of the swaps. Well, she never did get to go home we lost her about a week later.
    I was working on some of the week 2 blocks early (2am) into the morning on Jan 12. I was thinking to myself how my MIL would have really loved to do this and go on the computer and show them off to everyone. As I was thinking it felt like someone had their arm over my shoulder as if to say "whatcha workin on?". I stopped what I was doing and said hello Ma and then it was gone. I said okay I need to rename this quilt. At 6:30 am her Great Grandson was born. I know kinda corny but wanted to share my little story with my friends.

Cher
    i don't think that the story is corny at all. my great grandma's name was Myrtle

sorry for your loss
    Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
    Banned

Cher
    i'm crying, this is such a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with me.

i lost my MIL many years back now but i still think of her every day and all the charity work i do is in her honor.

you are a most wonderful DIL and i'm sure she loved you to no end.
    Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Cher, I adore the name a Message from Myrtle!
    Old 01-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Cher
    That's an awesome story, and I love the name it's perfect! :-)
    Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM

I love your story Cher, and I am teary-eyed too. You sound like one of the lucky ones...to have a dear MIL that loved you, so much she came back to say hello! I count myself among the lucky one's with my MIL, and we are fortunate to have just celebrated her 78th birthday last week.

I love the name of your quilt, and thanks for sharing your story. It's these stories and life moments that we share that really bring us all closer together!
    Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM

Thank you everyone we miss her and my DH loved that I am dedicating this quilt to her.

Here are my week 3's I liked this bunch of blocks :thumbup:
    Cher :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-47955.jpe  
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM

They look stunning cherrific!!

I'm really struggling with this weeks blocks... about to post the problems I had with the triangle. :roll:
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM

absolutely gorgeous
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 PM

are you PP Blue? This one went together really easy using this method. I find what helps with PPing is the use of pins. I pin everything to make sure it all lines up.
    Cher