Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics >
  • Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics

• Dear Jane Cyber Block Party E12, G9, H5, & BR11 Pics

Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 PM

Blue - Your blocks sure look amazing!!! I sure wish I were the recipient of your Dear Jane!!!! (Wipes drool off keyboard; which is becoming a habit!)

Looks like my background fabric will be in late Thursday, which means I'll get started on my blocks on Friday. Yay!!!!
    Old 01-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Blue - Your blocks sure look amazing!!! I sure wish I were the recipient of your Dear Jane!!!! (Wipes drool off keyboard; which is becoming a habit!)

Looks like my background fabric will be in late Thursday, which means I'll get started on my blocks on Friday. Yay!!!!
    What a relief! Nothing like making you wait till the last minute.

I'll be hanging onto the blue/grey quilt... no way I'm putting that much work in and giving it away! LOL I love blue, so I'm thinking it will probably go on our bed. And it won't be "girly" so hubby won't mind. ;-)
    Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

I'll be hanging onto the blue/grey quilt... no way I'm putting that much work in and giving it away! LOL I love blue, so I'm thinking it will probably go on our bed. And it won't be "girly" so hubby won't mind. ;-)
    I still think it would look much better on my bed!!! :lol:
    Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM

I still think it would look much better on my bed!!! :lol:
    Quite possibly.... send me a ticket and I'll bring it over and we'll see! ;-) LMAO
    Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 PM

Quite possibly.... send me a ticket and I'll bring it over and we'll see! ;-) LMAO
    I have a ticket or two around here somewhere. Let's see...there's a ticket to the museum and one to the zoo. Which would you prefer? ;)
    Old 01-20-2010, 05:36 AM

Blue, when you sew on the sashing, which do you sew on first? The side or bottom? Does it matter? I was thinking about adding the sashing as I go too.
    Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 AM

I finished my first set! :-) *falls off chair exhausted*

The last block was ridiculously easy.... I'm thinking I might do the easiest of the set last every time, it's a nice way to finish.

:-)
    I'm lurking here, watching and listening to all of you with this project. I love this color combination, love all of them but this one strikes a cord with me. What is the fabric you are using?
    Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
    Blue, when you sew on the sashing, which do you sew on first? The side or bottom? Does it matter? I was thinking about adding the sashing as I go too.
    I don't think it matters.... as long as you're consistent so things don't get muddled up.

I'm adding the right side first (checking to make sure the block is the right way up) and then the bottom. Anything in column 1 gets a left side as well, and anything in row A gets a top. So A1 is going to have all four sides done, which will be cool. :-)
    Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid

The last block was ridiculously easy.... I'm thinking I might do the easiest of the set last every time, it's a nice way to finish.

I'm lurking here, watching and listening to all of you with this project. I love this color combination, love all of them but this one strikes a cord with me. What is the fabric you are using?
    They're moda marbles, I haven't got the numbers sorry but can get them. The blue is a nice bright royal blue, the grey is the lightest grey they have, and the dark is almost a charcoal grey. I made a couple of test sashes with a more medium grey, but it was very bland so I've gone with the darker. The medium grey I would have needed a softer blue, and the whole thing would have been softer.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid

They're moda marbles, I haven't got the numbers sorry but can get them. The blue is a nice bright royal blue, the grey is the lightest grey they have, and the dark is almost a charcoal grey. I made a couple of test sashes with a more medium grey, but it was very bland so I've gone with the darker. The medium grey I would have needed a softer blue, and the whole thing would have been softer.

Can not wait to see your finished quilt. Love, Love this color combination! I would never have thought of putting blue and gray together.