Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics >
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

• Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Old 01-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    It's late, I'm in bed. I've put away my triangle that's too small. I'm keeping a diary. Each page names the block, gives a fabric sample and a comment or two. So far, not many comments, but BR2 will get a piece of my mind for sure! It's not difficult, really, I know it isn't. It's like Janstar says. But I printed it out incorrectly, using PDF, so it didn't make the triangle the proper size. So, I'm starting again tomorrow, much like you Okie. It's a new day, and will be better I'm sure.

Instead, I'm also thinking through my doll quilt...laying out some fabrics, starting to work on that a little too!! I'm gonna cruise the board and check in with folks.

I know we'll be talking soon~
    If you really can't face remaking it, why not just add two strips of your background down each side. That would bring it up to size without fuss. :-)

I have a journal running too, with the date I make each block and notes about how I made it, any hints or tricks I figured out. And trouble spots, of course! lol
    Old 01-02-2010, 12:55 AM

Well I am about to try BR2 today and you have all scared the heck out of me. But the one with the tumbling blocks looks even worse, to me anyway. We will see.

Think instead of Asian Jane (the hussy) I like the name Jane in the Far East better. Does that work for you.

Elle
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 AM

Don't stress... I'm about to put the last section on and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. That mental block is a big part! :-)
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:17 AM
    Banned

wow look at all these posts about BR2.

blue let everyone know if the redraft works because i'm sure a lot of people will want to try it.

there is a slighty dip where the piece i labeled E joins but its very soft.

i've always thought Y seams are well more like a Y.

this is just a little dip - just enough to be annoying.
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

blue let everyone know if the redraft works because i'm sure a lot of people will want to try it.

LOL

I was just about to pm you actually. It did work, the redraft, I found it a lot easier. I keep looking at it trying to find the catch, thinking there must be one, but I'm not seeing it. I got it down to 8 sections, instead of 10, and it went together more logically (at least by my brain). Normally I see patterns very well, and the way the computer wanted to put it together just couldn't make it through my skull.

I was going to ask... this thread is about week 1's blocks, BR2 is a week 2 block, so I didn't think this was the place to post the redraft. But then if you start a new thread people will freak out they're getting behind when in actual fact some of us are just slightly obsessed and over achieving. ;-) So, fearless leader, it's your call! *smiles sweetly*
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:26 AM
    Banned

here's BR2 Regrouped into different sections.

if someone wants to give this one a whirl.

i'm gonna try doing it this morning after i've had my coffee.

make sure it prints as the right size on your end before making.

BR2 Regrouped Paper Piecing Pattern
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]62289[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    Attachment-62284.pdf (5.2 KB, 98 views)
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:29 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Originally Posted by kluedesigns

LOL

I was just about to pm you actually. It did work, the redraft, I found it a lot easier. I keep looking at it trying to find the catch, thinking there must be one, but I'm not seeing it. I got it down to 8 sections, instead of 10, and it went together more logically (at least by my brain). Normally I see patterns very well, and the way the computer wanted to put it together just couldn't make it through my skull.

I was going to ask... this thread is about week 1's blocks, BR2 is a week 2 block, so I didn't think this was the place to post the redraft. But then if you start a new thread people will freak out they're getting behind when in actual fact some of us are just slightly obsessed and over achieving. ;-) So, fearless leader, it's your call! *smiles sweetly*
    i slapped something together too but haven't tried it in real life.

post it here for now because people reading and looking at this are gonna get very concerned and worried.

then when i put up the tutes for week2 i'll repost everything over there too - but you know lots of people have been looking at this thread.
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM

Snap.... what you've posted is exactly how I regrouped it too. And it works....

:-)

Sorry it's not spun around, not sure how that happened!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]62449[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-62444.jpe  
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 AM

They all look so great. Am I behind or something? I only have two of them done!! I will have them done this weekend. What day of the week does each new set get posted?
    Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    They all look so great. Am I behind or something? I only have two of them done!! I will have them done this weekend. What day of the week does each new set get posted?
    you're not behind - some people are jumping ahead.

I9, K9, M8, & TR5 are for the week of Jan 4th 2010 and the next set coming (which some people have already started) is for the week of Jan 11th 2010.

i plan on putting up the tutes every Wednesday they will be for the blocks that start that coming monday.

for example - i will post the tutes for the Jan 11th 2010 set on Wednesday jan 6th 2010.

i thought putting them up on a wednesday would be helpful to the people who only sew on the weekends. it gives them a few days to get everything prepped so that can be very efficient on the weekends.