• Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics >
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

• Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    Originally Posted by Icandothat
    Originally Posted by okie
    Can someone point me to the thread and page discussing one of the triangles (can't remember which one) that was giving everyone fits. Klue posted photos and directions...someone tried her directions and said it worked great. I lose things out here in cyber world.

It is in this thread on page 11 and 12 or 12 and 13. I know part of it is on page 12. Her way worked Just follow how she cut the pieces and it will go together nicely. Starting with this triangle I know will help me figure out others. Good luck
    Thank you....thank you.
    or you can use the regrouped triangle to avoid that tiny dip problem.

the regrouped triangle works great too.
    Klue this is the regrouped that I directed her to.
    Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 AM
    Banned

Can someone point me to the thread and page discussing one of the triangles (can't remember which one) that was giving everyone fits. Klue posted photos and directions...someone tried her directions and said it worked great. I lose things out here in cyber world.

It is in this thread on page 11 and 12 or 12 and 13. I know part of it is on page 12. Her way worked Just follow how she cut the pieces and it will go together nicely. Starting with this triangle I know will help me figure out others. Good luck
    Thank you....thank you.
    or you can use the regrouped triangle to avoid that tiny dip problem.

the regrouped triangle works great too.
    Klue this is the regrouped that I directed her to.
    ok, wonderful - i wasn't sure and some people really struggle with the way the software wants you to do it.
    Old 01-04-2010, 07:02 AM

Cher, your blocks are great! Love the colors. I second what KLue said about your avatar!
    Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 AM
    Power Poster

cutebuns

the blocks look beautiful!!

i think kwhite is doing her's by rotary cutting and hand stitching instead of machine stitching.
    Thank you Klue. I am having fun if nothing else. It is good to know as well that I have someone doing it similarly along the way.
    Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Cher, your blocks are great! Love the colors. I second what KLue said about your avatar!
    Thanks Klue and Esq I loved these colors when I bought them but I am so surprised when the blocks are done at how they look I am in love with them.
    I was in my comfy robe. Isn't that how we all are when we quilt comfy cozy ;)
    Cher
    Old 01-04-2010, 08:29 AM

Awesome colors, Cher!!
    Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cheriffic
    Originally Posted by Esqmommy

I was in my comfy robe. Isn't that how we all are when we quilt comfy cozy ;)
    Cher

i just love the pic. each time i see it, it puts a smile on my face. you look so beautiful, you're just glowing.

you are a stunning woman.
    Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    cutebuns

i think kwhite is doing her's by rotary cutting and hand stitching instead of machine stitching.
    Thank you Klue. I am having fun if nothing else. It is good to know as well that I have someone doing it similarly along the way.
    I was planning to do as much rotary cutting as possible - since I haven't managed to get the software loaded on my computer yet (our "good" computer is a Mac), tracing the patterns is really slowing me down. But when I tried to do I9 by rotary cutting it came our very wonky and too small. So I did it agan paper-pieced and it came out much less wonky, and almost the right size.

So now I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with the schedule if I'm tracing / re-drafting the patterns (even though I've taken drafting classes and have all the right tools for the job). Maybe I'll get faster at both the drafting and the paper-peicing as I go along. It's currently taking me about 2.5 - 3 hours to do each block :(

Jan
    Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by ai731
    cutebuns

I was planning to do as much rotary cutting as possible - since I haven't managed to get the software loaded on my computer yet (our "good" computer is a Mac), tracing the patterns is really slowing me down. But when I tried to do I9 by rotary cutting it came our very wonky and too small. So I did it agan paper-pieced and it came out much less wonky, and almost the right size.

So now I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with the schedule if I'm tracing / re-drafting the patterns (even though I've taken drafting classes and have all the right tools for the job). Maybe I'll get faster at both the drafting and the paper-peicing as I go along. It's currently taking me about 2.5 - 3 hours to do each block :(

Jan
    thats too long - you'll lose interest in the project.

do you know anyone who has a PC that will let you borrow it or is willing to let you load the software on it and print out the patterns?

can you load it at work?
    Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ai731
    cutebuns

Jan
    thats too long - you'll lose interest in the project.

do you know anyone who has a PC that will let you borrow it or is willing to let you load the software on it and print out the patterns?

can you load it at work?
    If you can't get anything else to work, if I have the paper I would be glad to print the 6 wks and send them to you