Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >
  • Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

• Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Managed to get mine stitched & pressed... the iron gave out, thank goodness for my little travel iron! I used G22 from Carol Doak's foundation factory for my pp block... I wanted to get back to the "wilder" look after the sedate friendship stars. [ATTACH=CONFIG]466568[/ATTACH]

I did put in a spacer of an inch before & after the 4" squares so it's now at 48 ½" and ready for the next 6" border. I was going to try to make it into a rectangle, but nothing so far has seemed just the right time.
    Wow, wow, wow!!! This is going to be absolutely stunning! Love the very cute helper, too.
    Old 03-11-2014, 04:41 AM

Quilter65 - I love your border fabric! Definitely think the part you used as the center of the alternating blocks would be fabulous. I think maybe your idea of pp blocks for the additional length, a narrow strip of black and then use that swirly border as the final one instead of using the floral
    Old 03-11-2014, 05:23 AM
    dd

Pbadder, just love those mice. That's a great addition to the cats. I think embroidery for the eyes would be nice. You are already putting so much work into it, you might as well embroider them. The tails are embroidered, aren't they?
    Old 03-11-2014, 05:36 AM

Okay, I finally see the mice. How cute.
    Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
    Quilter65 - I love your border fabric! Definitely think the part you used as the center of the alternating blocks would be fabulous. I think maybe your idea of pp blocks for the additional length, a narrow strip of black and then use that swirly border as the final one instead of using the floral

Ummmm... that's a thought. I think the symmetry of the quilt blocks calls for symmetry. I had intended to use the floral all along, but after doing these rounds, I am seeing things with new ideas. Keep those thoughts coming and thank you. I couldn't find more green when I looked and that would throw the thing off. The four corners need to be those compasses with all those points and I would have to add TWO more borders to get that and then the quilt would be huge. I thought about this about 3 am this morning. Thanks for the ideas ladies.

Love all the sashings and I haven't given much thought to my round for the medallon this month. Thinking stars on the top and bottom to make longer. We'll see. There is a lot of month left, isn't there?
    Old 03-11-2014, 07:42 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dd
    Pbadder, just love those mice. That's a great addition to the cats. I think embroidery for the eyes would be nice. You are already putting so much work into it, you might as well embroider them. The tails are embroidered, aren't they?
    Yes tails are embroidered, I was thinking embroidery for the eyes too. Pattern I used used yoyo's for the eyes, but I didn't like them so embroidery it will be thank you for your input.
    Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by pbadder
    Yes tails are embroidered, I was thinking embroidery for the eyes too. Pattern I used used yoyo's for the eyes, but I didn't like them so embroidery it will be thank you for your input.
    If you don't care for hand work (or is that just me?), maybe your machine has something that would work for an eye.
    Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter 65
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]466618[/ATTACH]

This is the material to which I referred. The band would be put on top and bottom. Then I would surround all with an aqua strip and possibly a black sashing. Then add the flower part of the fabric and miter the corners. Thoughts? Or just confused like me? Thanks for ANY input.
    Beautiful quilt. If I'm understanding you correctly, this sounds like a good idea. Those flowers need to be used in your quilt somewhere. They're too pretty not to.
    Rodney
    Old 03-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Here's where I'm at so far.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]466768[/ATTACH]

The colors look washed out in the picture. I have another block almost ready to go and two more Sunbonnet Sue blocks for the other corners that I haven't started yet. I'll be using this month's border and probably 1 more to get to my finished size. The blocks are slow going but fun and I haven't even started thinking about the back yet.
    Rodney
    Attached Thumbnails kendalls-quilt-progress.jpg  
    Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney
    Here's where I'm at so far.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]466768[/ATTACH]

The colors look washed out in the picture. I have another block almost ready to go and two more Sunbonnet Sue blocks for the other corners that I haven't started yet. I'll be using this month's border and probably 1 more to get to my finished size. The blocks are slow going but fun and I haven't even started thinking about the back yet.
    Rodney
    That is really cute. I love the embroidered K