Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

• The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 AM
    Power Poster

ha! I was just about to say the same Anael .... that you'd need to be experienced!

OKSGlad ... being that Anael is one to be experienced, I think you need to get her recruited into Mini-dom!

Anael .. and being that you like samplers, here's a couple of Granny_59's for inspiration!!!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ed-t91552.html
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ed-t58584.html
    Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 AM

Well you know I've been admiring those bears in bed for quite a while now! I even looked for embroidery designs that I could use on a similar quilt. I should write down what's going on in my head because I tend to forget after a while
    I do know and won't forget a quilt with one pattern will become an UFO as I get bored quite easily. That's why I love all the samplers.
    But miniquilts? Whaaaaaaaaa those scare the **** out of me! Remember I started quilting not even 2 years ago?!

And as far as being crazy: I once got a book from my oldest: Disturbances of the Mind and he wrote on the first page: for the most disturbed mind I know from the most disturbed mind you know............
    So now you know.....LOL LOL He's autistic so he has an excuse
    Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

Yooooooohooooooooooooooooo OKSGlad ... this is where you pounce!
    And
    Granny59 should jump in here too!!!!!!!

Anael, with your talents you can definitely do the minis .... heck every time you do a DJ, FWS, PC et al, you ARE doing a mini !!!

Good for you and your son for having a joke on yourselves! Though I see autistic people's minds being wired a little differently, and some as being ever-so-clever. Consider Temple Grandin! I've met her and been to her lectures. Her excellence in the humane treatment of animals is world renown. Clare Dane did an unbelievable representation of her, in the movie. My siblings and I have a similar joke ..... when we have a brain-freeze, we blame it on our alzheiners! (our Mom had alzheimers).

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-04-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Oh we can joke on ourselves. The same son gave me a fountain pen he bought with his first earned money. In the pen was engraved: Wheely (I'm using a wheelchair for long walks and running errands). We all had a good laugh though other people were very upset with him, telling him he couldn't do that!

I read Granny59's post and found out she used 6" blocks as minis so yes, I'm doing minis already Never occured to me. I will have another coffee, think what I'm going to make for diner and back to sewing! It's 5.30 pm here already! Time flies when you're having fun
    Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael
    LOL Quilting Nonnie, I post my blocks backwards! I couldnīt find the threads so I posted in those which I found! Thanks for your compliments!

QuiltE, you really want to know? Dear Jane, Sylvia Bridal Sampler, PC, FW and one with Dear Jane and Dear Hannah blocks. And of course a few BOMīs My kids tell everyone Iīm crazy so I must be

Oksewglad, I love what your son said! My oldest could have said the same about me!
    Look back at another thread and you will see I figured that out!
    Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 AM
    Power Poster

Oh I should've read more of the thread! Oh Anael, lots of projects huh? My kids just shake their heads.

"Whumpf" (that's my pouncing sound). What you do is start out easy. You are doing excellent with the 6 inch blocks and lots of them are 1" finished pieces. So make a checkerboard or a 9P quilt with 1 1/2" strips--no PP'ing now. It could loook something like this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]339864[/ATTACH]
    Then you use 1 1/4" pieces.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339865[/ATTACH]

Next 1 " cuts:[ATTACH=CONFIG]339866[/ATTACH]

Then 7/8"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339867[/ATTACH] And finally try 3/4" cuts! OBTW it's taken me a while to get to the tiny cuts like my avatar quilt
    Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 AM
    Power Poster

OKSGlad ... your attachments aren't there!

And now I realize I have yet to do a "true" mini ... here's what I thought was my first mini,
    Anael ... 1" strips for the 9Ps!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...h-t189484.html
    Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks QE let's try it again.
    1 1/2"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339908[/ATTACH] 1 1/4"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339909[/ATTACH] 1"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339910[/ATTACH] 7/8"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339911[/ATTACH] and finally 3/4"[ATTACH=CONFIG]339912[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails sept-doll-quilt-vbourck-cr.jpg   004-cropped-resized.jpg   002-2-.jpg   055.jpg   031-2-.jpg  

Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Oh that's really small! I'm working on 1/2" finished squares for one of the PC blocks and keep thinking...a whole quilt of those tiny blocks?????? I must be crazy to even consider that!
    Yours are beautiful oksewglad!
    Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM
    Power Poster

Outstanding, OKSGlad .. they look so huge because of your great photography!!
    And while you are at it, won't you please show us a full size pic of your avatar?
    Thank you!!!!!!