Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week  3  Blocks Anne & April >
  • The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 3 Blocks Anne & April

• The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 3 Blocks Anne & April

Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 PM

Great blocks, everyone! QNS, I love that yellow plaid with the blue flowers and I agree -- it's hard to find a place to put the blocks to get a good picture, particularly if the photographer is me. Here are mine:
    ~
    Attached Thumbnails anne-april.jpg  
    Old 08-18-2015, 03:49 PM

If there is anything wrong with anyone's block, I cannot see it. Love your colors, JeanieG, and Katybob. I was working on a new album in Picasso and distracted somewhat, trying to get the FW1930 album going for this new thread. I ended up taking all new pictures of what I have finished so far...and they all look better than what I posted. It is a challenge with one eye to 'achieve' a balance but I try. How do get two blocks, together, in a picture, Katybob?
    Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM

I take my pictures with a little Olympus digital point-and-click camera with the zoom button on.
    Old 08-18-2015, 05:08 PM

What great blocks, everyone--love the variety of colors. All are so well done. Here are mine for this week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]528156[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 5-6.jpg  
    Old 08-18-2015, 05:26 PM

Oh, JanRN, that Anne is sooooo beautiful....love that color in that block! April looks great in your greens also.
    Old 08-18-2015, 05:50 PM

OK ladies I finally got my book, worked all weekend trying to do catch up, but only finished 2 blocks, I really don't like them at all seems really off so did them again, just not right, wondering if I should give up on the pp and try to use the templets instead, is that any easier, I have joined another group of ladies who will be doing the same quilt but it doesn't start till Sept. Most of those that have been practicing already have been using the templets (on sale at JoAnn's this week) what do u think, also a friend of mine says it maybe my thread that seems to have things out of whack, can I ask what kind of thread u use?
    Old 08-18-2015, 06:00 PM
    Power Poster

I'm with grannyQ...I enjoy seeing everyone's blocks..color and fabric choices changes the look of each pattern..Great job ladies.
    Old 08-18-2015, 06:30 PM

Teri, You need to post a photo of what you've done so far in order for us to see what the problem is..we'd like to help you with your out of whack blocks.

Jan, Katybob, Jeanie, Cooky, Thanks so much for all the eye candy...Wonderful blocks! Every time I saw the "Anne" pop up I had to re read it 'cause I thought the words were directed to me.. Especially Nina saying "Anne is soooooooooo beautiful"..I was ready to respond "Thank You very much Nina!!
    Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM

Here are my Anne and April blocks...one is a little blurry, sorry didn't realize it until it was uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails 5-anne.jpeg   6-april.jpeg  
    Old 08-18-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258
    OK ladies I finally got my book, worked all weekend trying to do catch up, but only finished 2 blocks, I really don't like them at all seems really off so did them again, just not right, wondering if I should give up on the pp and try to use the templets instead, is that any easier, I have joined another group of ladies who will be doing the same quilt but it doesn't start till Sept. Most of those that have been practicing already have been using the templets (on sale at JoAnn's this week) what do u think, also a friend of mine says it maybe my thread that seems to have things out of whack, can I ask what kind of thread u use?
    Are you sure it is the current FWS 30's quilt? There are two other FWS books, and I think there were templates made for one of them. I looked at JoAnn's website and I could not find any templates.