Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13  Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page >
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page

• The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page

Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
    Power Poster

DublB ... those two blocks are true American ones! I swear that by the time we are done the PC, you'll have me saying The Pledge of Allegiance with you!!! Good idea on the how to of lining up stripes!

JanRN ... Thanks! Both the greens really do remind me of our clover fields!
    Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM

Mirabelle...I have the same green fabric for the clover leaf but honestly, I had the block made before I saw yours.

Dubib..I agree with QuiltE...Your blocks are so patriotic!

I'm going to try to add the sashing as I go from now on.
    Attached Thumbnails photo-25.jpg   photo-24.jpg  
    Old 04-06-2012, 06:37 AM
    Power Poster

Oh GGal ... What are those bees doing, buzzing around the chicken coop? And delicate pinwheels spinning over the clover fields! That sashing frames them up and makes them look even more awesome!!! ........... and now I can't wait til the 30-milestone to see all your blocks together with the sashing!!!!!!!!
    Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Ggal I really like your blocks. And that sashing color is to die for!! Love the fussy cut chicken. What a smart idea to sew your sashing on as you go. Hmmm-now if I could just decide on a sashing color......
    Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Oh GGal ... What are those bees doing, buzzing around the chicken coop? And delicate pinwheels spinning over the clover fields! That sashing frames them up and makes them look even more awesome!!! ........... and now I can't wait til the 30-milestone to see all your blocks together with the sashing!!!!!!!!
    O boy. I've only begun to add the sashing. I'll have some catching up to do to get it on all of them. It really does change the look.

JanRN...I'll bet you have something that would be perfect. Just decide which fabric you don't want to keep putting aside and just go for it. A couple of days ago, I took a couple of FQ's that I don't know why I ever brought home and just used them for blocks and don't you know, I like how they turned out. I think fabric is pretty forgiving if we get the values right. Kind of like flowers on the wild. Such an abundance of color and form, each adding it's own touch.
    Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM
    Power Poster

GGal ... I so agree with you ... fabric is forgiving if we get the values right. That's the HUGE challenge though!! I wish I could learn/understand all the colour stuff!

If/When I decide on sashing/cornerstones, I'll be doing it as I go too. While I didn't have it early, that's the way I put it on the FWS when I got it ... and oh my, how the "look" changed! So would love to have it done as I go ... though I guess I'd need to decide whether I am doing QAYG or not, before I go at it!
    Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Great blocks Gardnergal! I love the bees and chicken one especially. The sashing and cornerstones are going to be perfect! I keep auditioning different fabrics for my sashing, really a hard decision when using scrappy fabrics. So much easier with the coordinated ones.
    Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Love that rooster!! All the blocks are very nice; think I will wait to post mine. Happy Easter everyone!!
    Old 04-06-2012, 02:40 PM

GardnerGal, it just shows that we have excellent taste. QNS sent me the clover fabric and I just had to use it in my blocks.
    Old 04-07-2012, 06:29 AM

GardnerGal......your colors and fussy cutting is excellent. I envy your ability to look ahead and know what you want for your sashing and cornerstones. I really need to do that as I know it is easier in the long run. Maybe seeing yours, will help me get on the ball....LOL!