Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along  wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page >
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page

• The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page

Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
    Power Poster

OKSGlad ... looks like the 4-H show has started off well for your Grands! Too funny on the cookie comparison and resuslts. You'll ahve to get pics of the dog show ... I think this is such a wonderful 4-H club project! Congratulations to DGS and Zelda for making such a great team and their blue/first ribbon!!

Honchey ... I'm no geek to advise you, though our very own OKSGlad has shared EQ drawings here with us before. If you design it and show it, I'll make it ... just for you!!!!!!!
    Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 PM

GardnerGal970, the moving is going slowly, we moved a few boxes yesterday when he received the keys after settlement went through. Unfortunately this is really bad timing for him as he works at the Sugar Mill and the harvest season started last Sunday so we will have to move him slowly on his days off. He works long hours 13 to 14 hours a day and his Dad is only home every second week. I keep telling him to have patience but he is so excited.

Our daughter left home when she was almost 17 (with our blessings) she had to move away from home to do her chef's apprenticeship, she has come home a couple of times and now lives an hour and a half drive away. So in a few weeks we will be empty nesters. I must admit I am a little excited and also a little sad. But I am sure DS will be popping in regularly especially at meal times
    Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 PM

JanRN I love the blue is really makes the blocks pop. I think black might be too harsh, just my opinion.
    Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 AM

I finally figured out how to show my block...I discovered how to print a photo of it...then I scanned it....and here it is!!!!

Yikes!!! I forgot to make it smaller...sorry
    Attached Thumbnails bingo-indian-star.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 AM

Thanks all-I'm going to use that dark blue sashing and I really appreciate your input.

OK-thanks for posting the pic of GS with cow---I've never been that close to a cow in my life (and don't think I want to be LOL). Can't wait for more pics from the fair.

Anne, you're doing so well with EQ7. I'm still a dinosaur when it comes to anything other than one block at a time. I like the block you designed.

Mirab-I thought I'd be sad at being an empty-nester. Yep, for 5 minutes!! Good luck.

QE just looked at Monty--he's cute!!! Love the mustache.
    Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 AM

So much going on in all of our lives! Jan, my DMIL went to her daughter's wedding with a broken hip. She had fallen a few days before but refused to go to the Dr. When we took her in the next week she just smiled sheepishly and said she was glad that she got to go to the wedding.
    QNSue...your little ones are sure getting big. Sounds like your garden is producing too. I missed most of my peas when I was in TX they came on so fast.
    OKSewglad...the county fair...sure brings back good memories. We showed beef but they smell the same!
    QuiltE...your Mountie is coming right along. My Texas star is still on the design wall but behind everything else I've been doing.
    Mirabelle...glad your machine is purring and you're feeling like sewing. I told my kids when they were asking what we would do after they left and I said that having them was just a happy outcome of our being together which is what we got married for.
    Hounchey...always a place for hobbies in the quilts we make. I like your Bingo design.
    I've probably left someone out of these notes but my memory just doesn't hold everything all of the time. I do appreciate your participation and comments on this trail and will catch up with you again sometime.
    Now for what has been keeping me busy. Here are pictures of the 3 quilts that I've made as gifts. I've also gotten blocks for a mystery quilt done but need to figure out just how to put them together is a quilt. The first quilt is for my DS's 25th Anniversary, the second is for my DGD's wedding and the last is a crib quilt for my DH's first GGS. I'm off to SC for the wedding and will check in next week but will enjoy the eye candy while I'm gone.
    Attached Thumbnails andrews.jpg   alison.jpg   alisons-quilting.jpg   photo-62.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

I've been chuckling with my DDIL--4-H mom has learned she has to back off--let the child do his own. Another learning process for parents too!
    Jan you should see the little ones around our cows--for the most part all are very gentle. The favorite is the biggest cow in the barn. She loves little ones. 2 yo GD (a city girl, too) was so excited that she got to pet Dove.
    Anne what a great block! When you go to the File tab I "Export Image" (this automatically saves to "My EQ7" file). A dialog box will pop up. The default image size is 8 x 8 inches. I usually change the size to 4 x 4.
    We posted at the same time GGal--what wonderful finishes. Great MQ on the 2nd quilt! Have a great time during your trip.

Last edited by oksewglad; 06-21-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 AM

Ggal you made me tired just reading your post--you are one busy lady! I love your quilts--beautiful! Did you quilt them yourself? And the colors--awesome, and so well done. I bet the recipients were blown away. Sorry about your MIL-they are hard-headed and will do what they want. Hope she recovers well.
    Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 AM

JanRN, I really like your sashing. It's very pretty and really sets off the blocks.
    Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 AM

oksewglad, that's the cutest pair I've ever seen. Such a great picture of the calf and your GS.