Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 35 Patience Corners & Pleasant Paths Discussion Page >
  • The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 35 Patience Corners & Pleasant Paths Discussion Page

• The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 35 Patience Corners & Pleasant Paths Discussion Page

Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 AM

OK - I really feel for you, one of my uncles is not doing well at all! I have one uncle (age 92) left on my mom's side and one uncle (age 82) left on my dad's side! Talk about the "older" generation - I am now there. I was the oldest grandchild on my dad's side also, and my youngest cousin is 39. I have kids older than that! I am sure making a quilt in her honor will be a cherished memory of her.
    Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM

JeanieG...You are the cp wizard so I have to ask...how can I crop a photo of a block that isn't scanned..I open paint and it will let me do many things but not crop.
    Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    OK - I really feel for you, one of my uncles is not doing well at all! I have one uncle (age 92) left on my mom's side and one uncle (age 82) left on my dad's side! Talk about the "older" generation - I am now there. I was the oldest grandchild on my dad's side also, and my youngest cousin is 39. I have kids older than that! I am sure making a quilt in her honor will be a cherished memory of her.
    Thanks, Jeanie. I think a mini TATW is the ticket. For her 90th BD I made her this little quilt. She loved it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/swedish-flag-special-auntie-t60979.html
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM

{Huggs} OK
    Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    JeanieG...You are the cp wizard so I have to ask...how can I crop a photo of a block that isn't scanned..I open paint and it will let me do many things but not crop.
    Use Picassa (a free google program). You can crop in that, and then use the resize feature to shrink the original so you can upload it to the Quilting Board.
    Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 AM

This is now my messy sewing room. I have spent the day cutting 840 triangles in blue and 840 in cream, tomorrow I tackle the pile of purple fabric.
    I spun the ironing board around so I could embroider and cut at the same time, (I'm left handed). The go cutter has certainly been working overtime today.
    Attached Thumbnails my-mess.jpg   1680-triangles.jpg  
    Old 09-07-2012, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
    This is now my messy sewing room. I have spent the day cutting 840 triangles in blue and 840 in cream, tomorrow I tackle the pile of purple fabric.
    I spun the ironing board around so I could embroider and cut at the same time, (I'm left handed). The go cutter has certainly been working overtime today.
    All I can say is that I hope your DD appreciates how much you love her to do all the cutting for her quilt even if you used the go cutter! That's a lot of cutting. BTW, she chose lovely fabric.
    Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 AM

OK--Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Mirabelle--WOW! That's a lot of squares/HST! Can't wait to see your progress after the retreat. I too am getting things ready this week for the retreat next...so excited!!
    Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Yep, it looks like prep for a Bonnie (Quiltville) quilt. She loves those HST! Except she usually give us a week to cut and sew them.
    Old 09-08-2012, 04:58 AM

hey all, sorry I have been missing the last few weeks. I just got Dh back from Australia a few days ago. the wedding went PERFECT!!! I have been working on the wedding quilt, it has thousands of one inchers I will share photo when I get them layed out next. I also made a crochet afghan for brides parents since I couldnt meet them, which they LOVED
    my son had his cast removed and seems to be back to business with life, he still needs to work with it more, do some therapy. my sister is here to help me for a bit, I was hoping she would help me get caught up on cutting out PC blocks, but she brought her quilt she wants me to help her with... so we will see

I am EXCITED about the bonus blocks! thinking..... barbed wire