• Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >
  • The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

• The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 06-25-2018, 07:59 PM
    Power Poster

You had a 'helper', Bev!
    Old 06-26-2018, 04:07 PM

dublb, Really moving forward in one week on that top! Cutting out setting triangle can be tricky. Your cat looks so pretty. Like Siamese colors from what I can see in the pic.
    Old 06-26-2018, 08:45 PM
    Power Poster

I was just looking at all the beautiful quilts either finished or that you girls are working on. So many beauties. Love seeing the little helpers too.
    I haven't been on much. My brother in law the husband of my youngest sister Tammy, had a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago. They only gave him a 20% chance of making it. He had to be shocked so many times the first two days. Hooked up to so many machines. I stayed with her at the hospital then his sister and 2 brothers came, along with his bosses and her co workers. So many people came to give support. We had so many prayers going out for him Glen. He went home this week, but has to wear a life vest for about 3 months and home health care, and pt. His sister is staying to help while Tammy had to return to work Monday. He was one who never went to doctors, but he is now. He had a high sugar reading of 500 when brought in, breathing issues etc. when he came out of a coma. He has a lot of heart damage, but after so many prayers when they redid the echocardiogram a third of his heart damage was restored. It was a miracle. Tammy is 50 and he is 53 so really young for all this.
    All of you take care, and good to hear about the good results for some of your loved ones tests, and prayers for others going through difficult times.
    God is so good.
    Old 06-27-2018, 05:38 AM
    Power Poster

JuneBillie, sorry for all your family has been going through. And thank you for that wonderful testimony of God's healing power! It builds my faith! I'll be thinking of you all and praying your BIL continues to get stronger and improve with every day.
    Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 AM

OH NO! June Billie! HUGGS & Prayers. I am so glad to hear that he is home. My DDad had heart trouble for the last 15 years of his life. Many procedures kept him w/us for a long time. I personally felt that if he hadn't the added complication of Hemochromatosis he would have lived w/us for a lot longer. All that iron ate up all his organs.
    Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 PM
    Power Poster

Bev how does that hemachromatosis work? I had to be tested for it, because a doctor told my son he was a carrier so that both of his parents should be tested. Well, I didn't have it, but was also a carrier. His dad won't have his tested. I don't know why, but I am not married to his dad since almost 20 years ago.

My brother in law went into cardiac arrest this morning, and the vest he was wearing shocked him. His sister was there with him so she called 911, and called my sister his wife at work. He is back at least a few days in the hospital. The people said that usually people at home that go into cardiac arrest have only about a 15% chance of making it, and here this makes his second time of making it. I told my sister that it shows we don't leave here until God calls us home. She said, he was going to cause her to have a nervous break down. Bless her heart. She has to go in to work tomorrow as long as he is ok in the hospital, because she has used all her days and all vacation time she had saved. She will have all the bills rolling in, and uncertain of what is to come. I told her we still have lots of prayers going on.

Thank you for all your prayers.
    Old 06-28-2018, 08:59 PM
    Power Poster

You have my prayers, JuneBillie. Praying he makes it through this and that his heart is healed and he lives a good long life! Will also pray about the medical bills, too.
    Old 06-29-2018, 04:26 AM

OH HUggs June Billie! You do have our prayers.
    Hemochromatosis is a condition where the body saves more iron than it needs. After years it builds up & stores it in either the blood or the organs. Eventually in both. I have the gene for it. Women don't die as early from it as men as we shed blood so wash out the extra iron from our bodies. Once we stop shedding the blood our bodies start storing it also. My DGPa died at 65. He was an alcoholic & alcohol makes this condition so much worse. A blood clot went through his heart. DDad died of multiple organ failure. I do need ot have my iron levels tested periodically. Not the test for red blood cells as that test always shows that I am anemic 'cause my body is trying to deal w/the extra iron. The best treatment is to draw blood.
    Old 06-29-2018, 09:52 AM

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this trial with your living family June Billie. I am sure your sister is so glad you are there as a help and comfort to her. Prayers for you all!
    Old 06-29-2018, 05:51 PM

JuneBillie, I'm sorry to hear about the health problems in your family. Yes, I agree, the Lord knows when it's our time to go...

Quilter65 posted a pretty quilt-- I remember QNS sharing a post of one of her quilts before. She sure does nice work.
    Feathered Star Pattern Quilted and Bound