Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page >
  • THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

• THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Hey you all, my daughter in law swears that inhaling a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in boiling water stops her sinus infections cold! She read about it on the internet and tried it and it really worked for her. She inhales this over her stove a few times a day when she feels a sinus infection coming on and has not had to go the Dr. for antibiotics in over a year. She is real prone to sinus infections.

Hope you all are feeling better, and isn't it interesting that so many of you are sick right now. So Sorry!!!
    Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm so sorry! Lemon tea? that sounds like a good idea! I hope ya git some sleep. I haven't been able to!
    Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Hey you all, my daughter in law swears that inhaling a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in boiling water stops her sinus infections cold! She read about it on the internet and tried it and it really worked for her. She inhales this over her stove a few times a day when she feels a sinus infection coming on and has not had to go the Dr. for antibiotics in over a year. She is real prone to sinus infections.

Hope you all are feeling better, and isn't it interesting that so many of you are sick right now. So Sorry!!!
    How did we spread it over the 'net?'
    Old 02-18-2012, 12:03 PM

dubld, Honchey, QuiltE and JanR,
    I'm sorry all of you are sick. Sinus pain is not a good thing to feel. Antibiotics are necessary if there is a infection, and fever symptums. Sinus pain can also be allergic. Drink as much water as you can.
    Here goes my receip:

GINGER AND CINNAMON TEA

Line the bottom of a saucepan with sugar.
    Add slices of fresh ginger.
    and Pieces of cinnamon sticks
    Let the sugar melt and become brown
    Add boiling water
    Let cook until the sugar is completely released from the pan.
    Place in a teapot.
    Serve with a few drops of lemon or pure while hot

Please take care of yourselves.
    This tea tates very well and helps to feel better
    Old 02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
    Power Poster

I tried to sleep ... and all I can say is that I rested ... up for a bit now.

ArtEC
    ... Oh that sweet tea sounds delectable ... I love spices, and now if only I had ht fresh ginger!

DublB
    ... Lemon Tea ... just make a strong black tea and then squeeze as much lemon juice into it as you can handle. Of course, you can sweeten it, but I just go for the pucker power!

How are you doing
    Honchey and JanRN?
    Old 02-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks for all the advice and hope everyone else is doing better. My sinuses finally are draining so I hope I don't need an antibiotic (of course it's the weekend but could always call my boss-one of the perks of working for a doc). I think I need to try Arte's tea-yum.
    My advice: don't try to paper piece when your nose keeps running!!
    Old 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM

All you Cowpokes are just jealous and can't stand not being included with us...Yeah!!!!

Seriously...I'm beginning to see the light...feeling a bit better...keeping hydrated...runny nose only once in awhile...eyes have much less puffiness...today I went out for a walk to the mail box to get some fresh air...I just made a scrambled egg concoction for dinner....scallions, sliced potatoes, chopped prociutto & shrimp sauteed then dumped a bowlful of eggs in the pan. My DH & DS said it was very good. I cannot deal with more than one pan right now.

I will try to do a block tomorrow or at least start it. My grandkids will be here tomorrow...they know not to come close to the sewing machine while I'm at it. They are so funny...a 3 and 6 yr old on their toes, stretching their necks 4 feet away from the machine asking me "whatcha doin' grandma" then I'll have them come closer when I stop to show them...too funny.

Try to feel better guys...Honchey/Anne
    Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for the tea recipe ArteEm, sounds refreshing. Ginger is great for decreasing inflamation.
    Aren't GK's special, Anne? Mine went to the other Gram's this weekend so kind of quiet (in a good way) around here. The little girls (3,6,and 8) have a play sewing machine they are making quilts at with bits of my odds and ends! Soon to the real machine for Em.
    Old 02-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Art - That sounds wonderful. I'll have ta go figure a way ta do it with splenda. I don't think I can burn it like sugar. HMMMM It also sounds so soothing.

QuiltE - I had the lemons for the lemon tea, & I used ta make it, but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. I've had several cups today now.

I Love how we are all helping each other ta get through this.

Honchey - I'm so excited that you are feeling better! I can just picture your Grandkids , on tiptoe, waiting ta see!
    Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Thanks for the tea recipe ArteEm, sounds refreshing. Ginger is great for decreasing inflamation.
    Aren't GK's special, Anne? Mine went to the other Gram's this weekend so kind of quiet (in a good way) around here. The little girls (3,6,and 8) have a play sewing machine they are making quilts at with bits of my odds and ends! Soon to the real machine for Em.
    I'd love ta see picts of the little quilts your DGK are doing.