Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Anne, your blocks look good, but I'm thinking I like your original sashing better. Just me, of course . . . . :wink:
    Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM

I've taken another photo with a few more blocks layed out. I'm betwixed and don't know if I have the desire to change it back. I still have the brick red ...but... I don't know , don't know. I'll have to mull this over awhile before I go any further. I'm leaving for Calabash this Thursday..I'll just bring it with me and see what the QS's have down there.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-204930.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    I've taken another photo with a few more blocks layed out. I'm betwixed and don't know if I have the desire to change it back. I still have the brick red ...but... I don't know , don't know. I'll have to mull this over awhile before I go any further. I'm leaving for Calabash this Thursday..I'll just bring it with me and see what the QS's have down there.
    I think too much of the blue triangles showing. In the new photo it shows how it would be with the brick red outer border...mind you there wil be 8 rows of the blocks. I think this looks better...or am I just trying to convince myself... :?: :?: :?:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-204969.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM

Oh, this is so beautiful! I love the light blue and think it makes your blocks really stand out. And the paisley looking red is gorgeous as well. WOW! IMO you've found a great combination of fabrics to showcase your blocks. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 PM

Honchey, I really like the look of your layout. The paisley with the blue and red ties it all together nicely. It is going to be beautiful when your done!!!
    Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Honchey, I really like the look of your layout. The paisley with the blue and red ties it all together nicely. It is going to be beautiful when your done!!!
    These triangles are so easy to do I almost feel guilty not doing them like the book. I start so many projects that are needing to be finished BUT...I am determined to finish this one. I am not going to quilt this myself..I really am a lousy quilter..when I try to FM my loop de loops have points..I cannot sew a straight line even with a guide.. my stippling looks like a birds nest. I kid you not...This part of quilting I do not enjoy. even thinking about it makes me cringe!!! After All the time and work we have put into this project...I want someone else to quilt it. I am very friendly with a few Amish ladies in Delaware ...my sister lives in De. ..one of which owns a quilt shop...I'm thinking about asking her what she would charge to hand quilt this one.
    I'm glad the layout turned out fine. I knew it needed something else to anchor it I just never thought to do it with the last border. Anne
    Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Evie
    did you ever find fabric for sashing??? I was at LQS yesterday and saw some fabulous looking GRAY, and imediatly thought of your quilt! :lol:
    Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Evie
    did you ever find fabric for sashing??? I was at LQS yesterday and saw some fabulous looking GRAY, and imediatly thought of your quilt! :lol:
    What kind of gray? That's been one of my thoughts, but I haven't found anything that "goes"!! Point me in the right direction. ;)
    Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Im sorry I didnt look at any names

the print was all wrong for your quilt, but the color was great :D
    I saw some gray/black and gray/white prints at Joanns as well, but they are all a certain style, this MOD whymsical type thing popular these days...

I will keep my eye out! I promise to take names if I do find one :thumbup:
    Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Anne I love the last layout. I think the dark red brings out the colors so nicely in all your blocks. I haven't been getting email notification for PMs or Watched Topics so I missed this section. Really like the different layout with the wide sections for quilting.

Has anyone done any more quilting on your blocks? I have a bunch quilted but I'm running out of ideas for some of them. If you've done some, will you post a pic or 2? I need some inspiration. Thanks!