Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 AM

WOW! The quilts posted so far are absolutey stunning! I love seeing the different colors for setting triangles, sashing & cornerstones. My lap size FWQ will go up on my design wall in a day or 2 & I'll decide then on my colors. Funny story~ I decided this would be my one & only completely hand pieced quilt. Wouldn't you know when I was sewing one of the blocks I found a machine seam in the middle of the piece! Friends called me OCD but I did recut another piece just so there was NO machine work at all. I won't be making another hand pieced quilt so I just had to!
    Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
    WOW! The quilts posted so far are absolutey stunning! I love seeing the different colors for setting triangles, sashing & cornerstones. My lap size FWQ will go up on my design wall in a day or 2 & I'll decide then on my colors. Funny story~ I decided this would be my one & only completely hand pieced quilt. Wouldn't you know when I was sewing one of the blocks I found a machine seam in the middle of the piece! Friends called me OCD but I did recut another piece just so there was NO machine work at all. I won't be making another hand pieced quilt so I just had to!
    That is so funny - don't you just wonder when you pieced that seam by machine??? I bet you could not believe it!
    Old 06-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Originally Posted by Beachbound
    That is so funny - don't you just wonder when you pieced that seam by machine??? I bet you could not believe it!
    I guess I should have looked the fabric over better since I am using some scraps. I about fell out of my chair when I saw it!!!

My design wall came today!!!! Hubby got it for me for our anniversary. It's a Cheryl Ann 72"x72" free standing flannel wall. It packs up into a small bag so it very handy to store when not in use (yeah, right! when will that be!!!)
    Old 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Can anyone tell me what size to cut squares so I can cut them in half for the little triangles at the ends of the sashing rows! Thanks.

Diane
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 AM

These are pictures taken with quilt on bed. I have since added the first 1 1/2 '' border with the same beige as the sashing strips and will attached another 6 1/2 '' stip of the purple. I think I will quilt the main part before I add the 6 1/2'' border, then add it then finish quilting.
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM

Will try again.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-218926.jpe   attachment-218932.jpe  
    Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 AM

GrannyQ that is stunning!!!! I love the inter border that matches the sashing!what a wow! I also love your profile pic quilt. I need to make a DWR queen size for my daughter but not sure how much fabric to buy.
    Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 AM

Granny Q, Wonderful job. The quilt is gorgeous!!!!
    Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by grannyQ
    Will try again.
    Oh Boy oh Boy :thumbup: :thumbup: How Gorgeous is your quilt. Stand up and take a bow!! Oh to be where you are in this journey...Just amazing. Anne
    Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 AM

Granny Q you leave me speechless (a rarity). All thru this journey I've watched your blocks and learned so much about contrast from you. I sort of wondered how they'd all look together---WOW!!! It is spectacular and all the other adjectives in the Thesaurus. Truly a beautiful, beautiful quilt.
    Thank you for all you've taught and posted during this project--you'll never know how much it's appreciated. Wow-I'm blown away.