• The FWS Quilt-Along  Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 AM
    Power Poster

YIKES! ... double click and post!!!! :hunf:
    Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 AM
    Power Poster

BeachBound .... first wondering how you can quilt with all that sand around you at the beach!!! :)

I like the looks of the blocks on the white design wall. Have you considered using a white sashing? And then use the same for the setting triangles on the sides? And perhaps a yellow for the cornerstones?

The white gives such a a nice fresh crisp look!!
    Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 AM

Beachbound, I think a lot of us are being wishy washy about sashing. Probably because we're seeing everyone elses choices. When we first got started, I decided to do my sashing in dark brown like Laurie did on her quilt and went ahead and bought the fabric. When I lay out my blocks I see how much brown there is and I worry that brown sashing might dull it down.

Worry! Worry! Worry! :?

BTW, I love your design wall!
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
    Beachbound you're moving right along. Love all your blocks together. I like the brown and the rows set in triangles like that. I think cream colored setting triangles would make a nice finishing tough. Great job.

Wait- did I misunderstand? Are you setting the blocks in the large brown triangles like Honshey showed or are you auditioning the brown for sashing? Sorry-senior blonde moment. Either way, I like the brown to highlight the blocks.
    You understood me right! I do like the brown but the white has a nice clean feel too. UGHHHHH what to do!?! Guess I'll just wait until the quilt tells me what it wants.
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    BeachBound .... first wondering how you can quilt with all that sand around you at the beach!!! :)

I like the looks of the blocks on the white design wall. Have you considered using a white sashing? And then use the same for the setting triangles on the sides? And perhaps a yellow for the cornerstones?

LOL, I didn't until now! There is no yellow in the quilt...or purple or red....there is a butterscotch tho...hmmmmm
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:46 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Beachbound

LOL, I didn't until now! There is no yellow in the quilt...or purple or red....there is a butterscotch tho...hmmmmm
    Perhaps the yellow I am seeing is the butterscotch? I thought of yellow, so that it was a contrast to the white, though not a jump at you contrast as a full on dark would. You don't want to lose the beauty of your blocks by an overpowering cornerstone, especially if you go with the white. Looking at your picture, left side, 3rd down there's a blue and white block. Perhaps that middle-blue for the cornerstones? Unless you want to not focus on the blues in the quilt?

It'll speak to you eventually!
    Old 07-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Perhaps the yellow I am seeing is the butterscotch? I thought of yellow, so that it was a contrast to the white, though not a jump at you contrast as a full on dark would. You don't want to lose the beauty of your blocks by an overpowering cornerstone, especially if you go with the white. Looking at your picture, left side, 3rd down there's a blue and white block. Perhaps that middle-blue for the cornerstones? Unless you want to not focus on the blues in the quilt?

It'll speak to you eventually!
    I tend to agree with you, the white is calling to me now; the brown just darkens the whole quilt. I am thinking about one of the lighter greens for the triangles. I need to check on that blue too. Thanks so much for your input!!!
    Old 07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
    Power Poster

I tend to agree with you, the white is calling to me now; the brown just darkens the whole quilt. I am thinking about one of the lighter greens for the triangles. I need to check on that blue too. Thanks so much for your input!!!
    The lighter greens could be nice for your cornerstones too.
    Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Mirabelle - I like your brown fabric for the setting blocks. Should be really outstanding, bringing out the individual blocks.
    Thanks Violet, I plan on spending the next few days in my sewing room getting some rows sewn together. Will post pics as soon as I can. Everyones quilts will look so different when they are finished.
    Old 07-02-2011, 04:59 AM

Beachbound, your quilt is going to be soooo pretty!

GrannyQ...I am at a loss for words! Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, etc. just don't seem enough somehow to describe your quilt!!! Unbelievable! Can you adopt me? LOL! You did good!!! :):):):)