Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Well, This morning I cut seven of the twenty 3/4" strips. It's very tedious for me. It took me an hour to do them. 13 to go. Most of my setting triangles are sewn on the blocks. Next step is to arrange layout of the squares I might get a row or two done tonight. Later. Anne
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 AM

You are a superwoman, Anne--3/4"???? I have trouble cutting 1 1/2" strips straight. I got a June Tailor ruler that was supposed to make it easier to cut strips--nah. I went back to my old tried and true 6x24 ruler. Take a break now & then-don't want you to end up with carpal tunnel! Can't wait to see a preview of this setting.
    Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
    You are a superwoman, Anne--3/4"???? I have trouble cutting 1 1/2" strips straight. I got a June Tailor ruler that was supposed to make it easier to cut strips--nah. I went back to my old tried and true 6x24 ruler. Take a break now & then-don't want you to end up with carpal tunnel! Can't wait to see a preview of this setting.
    I just came back from the quilt shop. I messed up the measurements and I'm short a few inches and now my last boder can only be 5-1/2" instead of the 7" I wanted. Unless I can find more of the fabric needed. I can wait for the last border.... I'm going to sew some of the 3/4" pieces tonite. I hope the new fabric for an inside border works out the way I hope. Anne
    Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 AM

Alas! so tired my king size will sit another few days before I sew the rows crossways together. But you ladies do encourage me to "try" to sit down and sew. Good Luck to everyone on their efforts.

I keep telling myself every inch, every stitch is one more forward!! Looking forward to the posts from you all of the finished "top" and then after its sandwiched and quilted.
    Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM

Putting the borders on now!!! Whooohooo! Funny how small this quilt is tho...sure looked bigger on my design wall.
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    Well, This morning I cut seven of the twenty 3/4" strips. It's very tedious for me. It took me an hour to do them. 13 to go. Most of my setting triangles are sewn on the blocks. Next step is to arrange layout of the squares I might get a row or two done tonight. Later. Anne

I've cut all the 3/4" edging strips and sewed some of them onto the 2" strip and basically here's what I think I'm going to do. I have a different fabric for the inner blue border that I might use. It has a pattern to it but it is in the same color family. the sashing strips are sewn as well as the triangles to the blocks. Little by little it's coming together.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-237347.jpe   attachment-237348.jpe   attachment-237349.jpe  
    Old 08-06-2011, 01:57 PM

I love that layout! And the light blue around your blocks really accents them. I love the print borders too. Wow-that is beautiful! What size will it finish? I thought mine would be a little bigger, too, but man I'm glad it's not--I'd have shot it by now if it were bigger! Will you quilt it yourself or have it done on a longarm? I don't know how you guys quilt these things (I usually just do wallhanging/crib size)--I hurt from my neck to my fingers. I'm such a whiner LOL. I just love this layout; may have to do that on a future project.
    This is so exciting seeing all of these coming to a finish!
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 PM

I really like the way you put your quilt together. How many blocks did you use making it this way? Love the colors.
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Honchey, your quilt has really turned out to be beautiful. You have done such a perfect job. I am impressed.
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ
    I really like the way you put your quilt together. How many blocks did you use making it this way? Love the colors.
    Hi Granny, I really haven't put it together yet. This layout calls for 88 blocks.