Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 08-15-2011, 04:22 PM

OK I have hummed and harred over the Pony Club Quilt for the past few weeks and today made my decision. Drumroll !!! Yippee I have just ordered the book and will be playing along with everyone once again.
    I have found this group to be so supportive and even if I don't post a lot there is always wonderful words of encouragement from all involved.
    So thank you for making my decision so easy :thumbup:
    I am not fussed when we start, if I am late getting my book I can always catch up....
    Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 PM

Yay, Mirabelle!!! We haven't gotten approval for this new venture yet ...I'm sure hoping we will. We have to get thru this venture first. I'm leaning towards the new year..It really isn't so far away. We have all the Holidays coming and the book isn't even here yet. Anne
    Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
    Power Poster

Honchey ... you've probably got me in on this next one! I was too late to do the FWS with you ladies, though I plan to be around for the Pony Club!! :) Do you know when the book is due to be out?
    Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM

Oh good Mirabelle, so glad you will be joining us on the Pony Club Quilt. Book is not due until September.
    Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Thanks Anne and JeanieG, maybe that will give me time to quilt my FWS and get a few other ufo's out of the way. I will be away for most of October visiting with my DD but will be checking the MB. Now to think of fabrics, scrappy, specific colour or a fabric range, so many decisions ;-)
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 AM

This is my opinion and I think fair.......I know there are many of you finished with your tops/quilts and might be ready to delve into another timely project....then there are those who have followed this project to a T and several maybe fell behind a bit (me)...and for those that would like to catch up...having some time to do this would be the right thing to do. This is why not starting (hopefully)the Pony Club until after the New Year would be appropriate.

It gives everyone that started this time to catch up. Those that are done.. time to finish their UFO's and Holiday Planning without the worry of a new venture.

Now I have to go finish ripping out some cock eyed seams in # 110. :evil: :twisted: Anne
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 AM

I'm in and promise not to whine as much doing the Pony Club quilt like I did with FWS. I learned a lot and can't wait to do another scrappy--FWS was the first one I did.
    After doing FWS and all the small pieces, I'm doing a strip pieced quilt--no HSTs, no geese, just strips. My mind needs a break LOL.
    Can't wait to see everyone's finished FWS!!
    Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM

Can't wait for the Pony Club -- after the new year! I'm still working out the sashing for my FWS. I think I have a handle on it, but won't get back to it until I finish a quilt for a birthday next week. So little time! :lol:
    Old 08-16-2011, 08:20 AM

Here is the information that Laurie gave on the Yahoo Pony Club Website. I don't know if anyone else read this, so am posting it here. It is in answer to a letter on the fabric she used, so thought you all might be interested>

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the question. I had thought someone would like advanced notice
    about the fabrics. I have to be gone most of this weekend, so I will give you a
    little information now, and get back to you tonight or tomorrow.
    I used mostly primary (darker) fabrics, with no pink at all. I tried to use
    stark white sparingly, and there is no common color theme throughout the quilt.
    (As you know, The Farmer's Wife didn't have one either.) You will need many
    SMALL scale novelty fabrics. I found horses/ponies, barbed wire, cowboy hats,
    lasso rope, saddles, little boys and girls with horses, horseshoes, bandana,
    etc. (Absolutely adorable, too!) There is also room for lots of plainer fabrics
    from your stash to go with these novelty fabrics.
    I also used a dozen or two rather strange fabrics (at least strange until
    you read the letters) such as Christmas fabric and train fabric. I'll get back
    to you later about these.
    Thanks for the good question!

God bless you,
    Laurie Aaron
    Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    This is my opinion and I think fair.......I know there are many of you finished with your tops/quilts and might be ready to delve into another timely project....then there are those who have followed this project to a T and several maybe fell behind a bit (me)...and for those that would like to catch up...having some time to do this would be the right thing to do. This is why not starting (hopefully)the Pony Club until after the New Year would be appropriate.

It gives everyone that started this time to catch up. Those that are done.. time to finish their UFO's and Holiday Planning without the worry of a new venture.

Now I have to go finish ripping out some cock eyed seams in # 110. :evil: :twisted: Anne
    Anne you have said that so well, I agree that some may need to catch up with the FWS and please everyone who is struggling just keep chugging along we are all cheering you on and hoping you get to that finish line.

With the book not coming out until September it will give us time to "study" the book and decide on fabric and be fresh and ready for another great sew along