• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/ Sashing/Photo Page

Old 08-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Originally Posted by Honchey
    Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Originally Posted by Honchey
    This is my opinion and I think fair.......I know there are many of you finished with your tops/quilts and might be ready to delve into another timely project....then there are those who have followed this project to a T and several maybe fell behind a bit (me)...and for those that would like to catch up...having some time to do this would be the right thing to do. This is why not starting (hopefully)the Pony Club until after the New Year would be appropriate.

It gives everyone that started this time to catch up. Those that are done.. time to finish their UFO's and Holiday Planning without the worry of a new venture.

Now I have to go finish ripping out some cock eyed seams in # 110. :evil: :twisted: Anne
    !!!!MOM!!!! are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I wanna stop for ice screeeeeeeeeeam!! Can we? Can we? Can we?
    ((*giggles* in the back seat along with DerangedDamsel!))
    You kids better start behaving yourselves...or else!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    OR WHAT??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

(yes Im THAT kind of kid)
    You'll See !!! This really brings back memories of my family's 3 a.m. drive to the shore. My dad hated traffic.
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 AM

I was ALWAYS the one who got car sick! there were usually 5 of us in the back seat of a little car.
    lots of good memories standing naked by the side of the road while Mom TRIED to clean me up :roll:

arent you glad your not my Mom? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Today I'm banging my head against the wall. Top done, right? I go to piece the back & completely forget I am HANDSEWING the whole stinkin thing. Rip, rip, rip....how I hate ripping perfecting GOOD seams!!!!!!

*thinking happy thoughts*
    Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Im so sorry :cry: I am hand sewing mine also... backing and binding and ALL OF IT!
    Old 08-22-2011, 05:14 AM

I can see I've missed some pretty crazy posts here! You girls crack me up! In a good way of course! :):)

Sorry about the seam ripping...that's NOT a fun activity! It's right up there with washing windows and such in my opinion!
    Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 AM
    Power Poster

OH but we had a fun day .... wherever we kids went on that road trip! :)

Sorry about the frog stitching going on there!

Dashing back in for another of my cameo visits amidst the crazy-ness that life has thrown my way. As you ladies know, I'm not in the same league as you, re the completion, with my few done. While I can't sit and sew these days, my brain has been quilting away when it can sneak a few moments!!! :lol:

Soooooooooo ... or should that be sewwwwwwww... Ladies, please give me some thoughts from your expertise .... I have been wondering whether I should complete the quilt top and then deal with the quilting? or whether I might QAYG (machine, no hand stitching pour moi!)

Thoughts? Why or why not for either?
    And, has anyone been doing it as QAYG?
    Old 08-22-2011, 06:49 AM

Ready to sandwich! Candace, I am going to do the binding where you use the backing & overlap it to the front. I know it has a name but forgot. I figure that will save lots of work & I wanted the binding to match the back anyhow.

Now for some 'extra' fun.....after having our house on the market for 9 months & no offers, we took it off 3 weeks ago. Last week our realtor called with a relo client who is interested. So now it's our house or 1 other....life just has to be intersting! I'm not complaining, mind you~ I just would like to know where I'll be and if I should start any new projects for a while.
    Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 AM

QuiltE, I have never done any QAYG so I can't say. I would just finish up the top & quilt it when you feel like it. Somehow I always do better when I am in the mood to do something then when I force it.
    Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Hi QuiltE. I did my FWS QAYG and will do the Pony Quilt the same way. It was enjoyable quilting the individual blocks; I'm a former handquilter and I like my blocks to be quilted to reflect the block rather than an all-over random design(just a PERSONAL choice, I think the other's quilts are beautiful.) I also hate "rassling" with a large quilt on my machine. I quilted the blocks with the batting only (no backing yet), added the cornerstones & sashing and then sewed 3 rows together. Then I attached the backing to the 3 rows and quilted it on. Made 4 sections then joined them together. I also quilted my borders before I put them on. Lots of hand sewing for me on the back of the quilt but it turned out well (first time I've done QAYG). It's not perfect, but it's mine LOL!! I hope this made sense, if not, ask me more; again I'm not an expert and the Quilt Police would execute me on sight but pfffft them!!!
    Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 AM

Ok Jan, Where's the pictures!!!